origin offline mode

by Alex_Simalien

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin offline mode

★★ Novice

I'm stuck in offline mode since several weeks. First I still was able to login and play games, but without being able to leave offline mode and do updates. I tried everything to get out of offline mode, so i also reinstall origin several times. But now, cant even login, because it states for first time login I must be online, But i cant get online anymore on the origin client. Now I cant play any games. How can I fix this issue? I already set time/date auto-synchronized, clean boot the computer, reset internet settings etc I plan to update the SIMS and buy new games! But cant do any now...

Message 1 of 7 (1,444 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: origin offline mode

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Alex_Simalien.

The best thing to do is to take a couple of minutes and try the following steps:

• Firewalls and Internet Security Software: Make sure that you’ve added the Origin client as an exception to any Firewalls or other Internet Security Software, like Ad-Block, you may have running so that your connection to our servers isn’t blocked.
  • Your software may even have some Internet ports blocked. If so, the following are used by the Origin client and must be open for a smooth connection:
    • TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
    • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 2990

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,402 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Alex_Simalien.

The best thing to do is to take a couple of minutes and try the following steps:

• Firewalls and Internet Security Software: Make sure that you’ve added the Origin client as an exception to any Firewalls or other Internet Security Software, like Ad-Block, you may have running so that your connection to our servers isn’t blocked.
  • Your software may even have some Internet ports blocked. If so, the following are used by the Origin client and must be open for a smooth connection:
    • TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
    • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 2990

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,403 Views)

★★ Novice

Remove your USB devices that have storage like an USB stick or something- that fixed it for me. Like, wtf?? Took me two days to find this fix.

Message 3 of 7 (1,357 Views)

★ Novice

I tried uninstalling & reinstalling Origin Client.  Deleting cache, allow through firewall,  etc...……  with the same result "Origin Offline Mode". 

I found a solution that finally worked for me:  Access your router security settings,  turn on DMZ and enter your PC's IP address.  (You may need to reboot computer).  

Origin Client signed in immediately without any problem.   I then went back into router security settings and removed my PC's IP from DMZ and turned setting back to "Off".

I have had no problem with "Offline Mode" in Origin Client since. 

Not saying this is an across the board fix, but it may be an option that works for you when nothing else has. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,312 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi, where can i find my router security settings? i cant find it in my computer? im sorry its all new to me.. and the file won't work for me could you send it again pls? thanks!

Message 5 of 7 (1,165 Views)

★★★ Newbie

never mind the file works. but could u pls help me and tell me where can i find my router's settings? thanks again

Message 6 of 7 (1,163 Views)

Community Manager

Your router settings and access would be based on your router make and model @noathequeen122. If you have not accessed it before then you should be able to find the default login details either on the back of the router or with a quick google search.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (1,127 Views)