Re: origin not connecting to my Ubisoft account

by The_other_Rare

Original Post

origin not connecting to my Ubisoft account

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

origin won't let me install rainbow six siege because it says it cannot link to my Ubisoft account I want a refund or a fix PLEASE HELP

Message 1 of 9 (2,154 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having this problem and would like a refund also. I have tried everything ea and Ubisoft have recomended to no avail. I have a game I paid for and can't play. This is unacceptable and I will not purchase anymore games through ea or origin.  If ea can't fix the problem then they need to find a way to refund people even for 3 party games bought through origin. 

Message 2 of 9 (2,065 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Here is the work around. Hello all, for anyone having this problem there is a workaround. The problem lies in the origin launcher. The launcher is wanting to link with ubisoft before you can download the game and that is what is causing the problem. It shouldn't do that until the install portion of the process. DO NOT use the launcher go to https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store log in on the website then click on game library then click on the game and download without even needing to link to ubisoft, then once it is finished downloading at the top of the origin window it will ask you to click here to get the update patch click on that and, then it say complete then click on the game to install and, then it will ask to link with ubisoft at this point and it will link with out issue. The game should install without any further issue at this point.   

Message 3 of 9 (2,054 Views)

★ Novice
@Halfmast45 I try what you say, but the update link never shows up.
Message 4 of 9 (1,864 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried what you said and the game downloads but then for instalation it ask for the account to link with ubisoft and same error from before appears. Also at one point it almost went through but then it asked for an activation code. Did you have any luck getting it to work?

Message 5 of 9 (1,535 Views)

★ Novice

I have same problem. I tried everything.

Message 6 of 9 (1,476 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

Hello there @hdijnj ,

You can check the steps on how to link the accounts here. If all else fails, then they list how to get in contact with Ubisoft support down at the bottom, as this will be your only way to troubleshoot the issue after you have tried everything else.

Happy Gaming and Stay Safe!

-xRarely

Message 7 of 9 (1,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same

Message 8 of 9 (1,258 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Halfmast45 I read the first part and just said ok i click link and it worked when u lunched origin from the site idk why because it really didn't do anything dif but sure ig xD
Message 9 of 9 (946 Views)