origin message [d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000:00000000]

by LavishLena

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin message [d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000:00000000]

★★ Novice

Ok, so i'm starting to get really irritated. i just bought Sims 4 at Game Stop three days ago and its been working really well and i haven't had any problems until today. I turned on my laptop (i have a windows 8) and clicked the Sims 4 icon to play the game like usual, and a message pops up and says that origin is not running so i clicked on the origin icon and it took me to the homepage and clicked on "my games" and from there i clicked the play button next to Sims 4 and it turned light orange and stayed like that for about 2 minutes and i get that same message pop up that says( Unable to start. origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4 ) and at the bottom it has [d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000:00000000]

i don't know what that is, why its happening, or how to fix it!!!! 

i read many posts people have put out on many different websites and nothing is helping/working. I've seen a lot of people who've had this same problem yet there's no solution! Frown  i tried to download a fresh copy of origin but i have a problem with that too! it wont let me download a new copy and a message pops up that says ( A running instance of Origin has been detected. Please close it now, or the installer will close it automatically. ) 

I don't know what that's all about either! i read advice that said to try to run as administration, didn't work. Allowed my fire wall to accept Origin and anything Origin related and that didn't do anything, I've talked to reps and that didn't help. It seems to me that no matter what i try something always goes wrong.

I am a huuuuuuge Sims fan! I looooove love love Sims and i am really puzzled and upset. I don't know why this message thing keeps popping up or how to fix it, so if anyone can give me any advice that would be so very much appreciated ! Frown

Message 1 of 25 (65,330 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: origin message [d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000:00000000]

★★★ Newbie

I  have had the same exact problem for a very long time which only occured after I installed GTW expansion and like many others have tried it all even calling EA for help (* hung up on me). However I found my problem and a solution so hope this helps.

I found that for some reason Origin (Previously locate on my E: Drive) could no longer properly communicate with the game files (on my E: Drive also)

By switching Origin to my SSD (C:Drive) the problem was solved and I didn't have to reinstall any of the games or transfer them.

-First thing to do is manually uninstall Origin from where its installed and in my case it was in "Program files (X86)" 

If you can not find it on your C: drive check the (E: Drive) if you have one

-Scroll through and click and open folder "origin" NOT "Origin Games"

search for "OriginUninstall.exe"... click it and uninstall

-Second Step: Reinstall  the latest Origin available from the EA website ON THE (CStandard smile Drive

link here: https://www.origin.com/en-us/download

-Third Step wait for install, and play. 

All should be Good to go if done properly. I tried it all (complete fresh installs, Clean boot, uninstalling GTW expansion, Checking the "work without origin" box in the game settings, etc) and found my own way that works. Share this link everywhere so all simmers can get back to what we love.

Hope this works for everyone else too

View in thread

Message 6 of 25 (77,657 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Please try the steps in the order below:

1. Do a Clean Boot
  2. Manually uninstall Origin
  3. Run CCleaner
  4. Restart your router/modem and do a another Clean Boot
  5. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify
  6. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with Admin rights
  7. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  8. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator
  9. Enable Beta opt in for Origin (top left corner of the client Origin menu - Application Settings - General) and restart Origin client
Message 2 of 25 (65,146 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@LavishLena wrote:

Ok, so i'm starting to get really irritated. i just bought Sims 4 at Game Stop three days ago and its been working really well and i haven't had any problems until today. I turned on my laptop (i have a windows 8) and clicked the Sims 4 icon to play the game like usual, and a message pops up and says that origin is not running so i clicked on the origin icon and it took me to the homepage and clicked on "my games" and from there i clicked the play button next to Sims 4 and it turned light orange and stayed like that for about 2 minutes and i get that same message pop up that says( Unable to start. origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4 ) and at the bottom it has [d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000:00000000]

i don't know what that is, why its happening, or how to fix it!!!! 

i read many posts people have put out on many different websites and nothing is helping/working. I've seen a lot of people who've had this same problem yet there's no solution! Frown  i tried to download a fresh copy of origin but i have a problem with that too! it wont let me download a new copy and a message pops up that says ( A running instance of Origin has been detected. Please close it now, or the installer will close it automatically. ) 

I don't know what that's all about either! i read advice that said to try to run as administration, didn't work. Allowed my fire wall to accept Origin and anything Origin related and that didn't do anything, I've talked to reps and that didn't help. It seems to me that no matter what i try something always goes wrong.

I am a huuuuuuge Sims fan! I looooove love love Sims and i am really puzzled and upset. I don't know why this message thing keeps popping up or how to fix it, so if anyone can give me any advice that would be so very much appreciated ! Frown

Message 3 of 25 (63,982 Views)

EA Staff

@rivalisasims If you have the same issue, did you try the steps I posted above?

Message 4 of 25 (63,959 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, but these steps did not work for me. What do I do now?

Message 5 of 25 (63,199 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I  have had the same exact problem for a very long time which only occured after I installed GTW expansion and like many others have tried it all even calling EA for help (* hung up on me). However I found my problem and a solution so hope this helps.

I found that for some reason Origin (Previously locate on my E: Drive) could no longer properly communicate with the game files (on my E: Drive also)

By switching Origin to my SSD (C:Drive) the problem was solved and I didn't have to reinstall any of the games or transfer them.

-First thing to do is manually uninstall Origin from where its installed and in my case it was in "Program files (X86)" 

If you can not find it on your C: drive check the (E: Drive) if you have one

-Scroll through and click and open folder "origin" NOT "Origin Games"

search for "OriginUninstall.exe"... click it and uninstall

-Second Step: Reinstall  the latest Origin available from the EA website ON THE (CStandard smile Drive

link here: https://www.origin.com/en-us/download

-Third Step wait for install, and play. 

All should be Good to go if done properly. I tried it all (complete fresh installs, Clean boot, uninstalling GTW expansion, Checking the "work without origin" box in the game settings, etc) and found my own way that works. Share this link everywhere so all simmers can get back to what we love.

Hope this works for everyone else too

Message 6 of 25 (77,658 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had the same problem too I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still says [d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000:00000000] and I am getting really pissed at origin !!! I really need help I have windows 7 updating to windows 8

Message 7 of 25 (59,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

IT DOES NOT WORK

Message 8 of 25 (58,701 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have now spoken with 4 different EA representatives and still haven't found a solution. I have tried everything from manually uninstalling both programs (Sims 4 and Origin) to cleaning my hard drive to switching to administrative mode and changing the capability. I have done a cache clean, and multiple other troubleshoots only to have the error message continually come up. 

The funny thing is, I did not have this problem initially with any of my Sims 4 games less than a year ago. So, why am I suddenly getting an error message now? Another funny thing is, is that Sims 3 works just fine, so it's must be a new patch that came out for the Sims 4 that's causing this issue. 

While the customer service has been very generous and has stayed with me trying to find multiple solutions, I am a bit frustrated that a solution has not been reached. I just can't understand why they can't fix their own product. I am hoping a solution is found soon as I enjoy the Sims 4 and was looking forward to buying further expansion packs, but this experience has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth for this game. 

If anyone finds a solution to this problem I haven't already tried, please post it because I've just about had it. 

Thank you. 

Note: I have tried all the above fixes mentioned, and none have resolved the issue. 

Message 9 of 25 (56,230 Views)

★★ Novice

In English:

Hi. Obviously, this reply is too late, but I don't know if you fixed it or not.

Since other people could be having the same problem,

I'm here to tell you the solution that worked for me.

The only thing I did was MOVE the game to another folder.

Default folder of installation for me was "Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4".

So I went inside Electronic Arts folder, cut "The Sims 4" folder entirely

and paste it into "Program Files (x86)".

Definitive folder to access the game is "Program Files (x86)/The Sims 4".

I post this here, in order to help more people having this issue that find this page.

I tried uninstalling Origin, erasing cache with CCleaner, reinstalling Origin,

and nothing worked for me... until I tried this.

Unbelievable! Cutting/pasting the folder to another folder worked!

Error d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000:00000000 for Sims 4 SOLVED Party hat .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

En Español:

Hola. Obviamente, esta respuesta llega muy tarde, pero desconozco si lo solucionaste.

Como otras personas pueden esta teniendo el mismo error,

vengo a compartir la solución que a mí me funcionó.

Lo único que hice fue MOVER el juego a otra carpeta.

La carpeta por defecto es "Archivos de programa (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4".

Así que fui adentro de la carpeta Electronic Arts, corté la carpeta "The Sims 4" entera,

y la pegué en "Archivos de Programa (x86)."

La carpeta definitiva de acceso al juego es "Archivos de programa (x86)/The Sims 4".

Posteo la solución acá para poder ayudar a más personas con el mismo error

que encuentren esta página.

Ya había probado eliminando el Origin, borrando caché con CCleaner,

reinstalando Origin, y nada funcionó. Hasta que probé esto.

Increíblemente, cortar y pegar la carpeta a otra carpeta fue la solución.

Error d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000:00000000 de Sims 4 SOLUCIONADO Party hat .

Message 10 of 25 (54,795 Views)