Re: origin keeps resetting my password

by TanyaT99

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

@mnorris0821 wrote:

OMG Tanya you are truly blessed by Andraste herself. I thought I was going crazy. 2 resets in 1 week. Hopefully this fixes it!

fingers crossed, still seems to be working for me.

Message 11 of 20 (1,145 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Dammit. I just wanted to have another run through DA:I, and it's been a massive pain in the *. First, I couldn't get it to download a world state from dragon age keep, and after troubleshooting that, finding an answer, and finally managing to start a game with the proper world state, I now get this spurious forced password change. 

This shouldn't be this difficult! 

I'll turn off the online options ingame, as that seems to have solved the issue for peeps, but really, this is a * poor showing from EA.

Message 12 of 20 (1,128 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you, it is so annoying. Hope it will fix it for me as well!
Message 13 of 20 (1,106 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been getting these emails repeatedly for a couple months now.  I do not think it has anything with the end user.  I think this is a specifically EA/Origin problem.  Clearly they do not have an answer other than the cut and paste,read it sheet they have given you with no follow up. Hang in there. it will happen again.  YAY!

Message 14 of 20 (1,047 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I posted this in Feb:

I bitched about this on Twitter, and an EA support bod came to my aid - you often get more help on Twitter than you do on official help sites.
he asked me a few questions and after doing a bit of research he came back:

I just received an update about this situation.
Do you play Dragon Age: Inquisition by any chance?
If you do, please go to the game "Options" and then "Account" and uncheck the following 3 settings: - Share usage data - Always log me in - Upload game data to Dragon Age Keep
Other players reported doing this stops the email from being sent out, I can't promise it will work for you as we're still investigating, but it's worth trying in the meantime. Hope this helps! -Claus

So I'm trying it. Pain in the neck but not as annoying as having those emails every tenish days
fingers crossed eh ;-)

so far no emails, hurray!
But I'm wondering when I'll be able to log back onto the servers again, I bet EA won't tell us the problem has been fixed, because they have never told us there is a problem.

==================================

It worked then, I changed it back after 2 weeks and I'm still playing without problems

Message 15 of 20 (1,028 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem even though I don't play Dragon Age.

Message 16 of 20 (755 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @NieWaszaSprawa,

The mail that you received probably indicates that it is a good idea to change your password. 

We have an EA Help article with more information about how to reset your password, and more importantly, information about how to keep your account safe. 

So head over to our Help EA page to get started, always make sure that you have your login verification enabled. 

Jason.png
Message 17 of 20 (701 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have the same problem Every week I get a notice to reset my password. I only play Apex Legends.

Message 18 of 20 (562 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

If it keeps happening for you even though you have reset your password multiple times @Corado99, then it's a good idea to get in touch with our support team to have this looked into.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Jason.png
Message 19 of 20 (556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Since these steps clearly solve nothing but waste our time and give ea personal data, do we get compensated for our wasted time? 

Message 20 of 20 (318 Views)