Re: origin keeps resetting my password

by GaborSucksAtThis

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin keeps resetting my password

★ Novice

Today, I received an email from Origin telling me that they've reset my password due to some suspicious activity on my account. This is the second time I've gotten that email in the last two weeks, and I've reset the password both times. I've been gaming normally from the same device that I normally use and I haven't let anyone else use the account either.

Is this a technical error that keeps resetting my password or is someone genuinely trying to access my account? The emails from Origin don't give me any further information except that they've detected "potentially suspicious activity". There's no option for me to review the account's activity to see what's wrong or to do anything else beside reset my password. Is there anything I can do? I've already set up the verification code login that Origin has suggested for more security.

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 20 (13,360 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Best thing to do @ekania1  is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further.  You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (13,341 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Best thing to do @ekania1  is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further.  You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 20 (13,342 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Darko,

Thanks for your reply. I did this last week and reset all the secuirty details on my account with the chat support. But today I got the same email again. Is it possible that this is an error or is someone just that determined to sign into my account? Is there anything else I can do to stop getting these emails, and can I get more information on the "suspicious activity" the emails mention?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 20 (13,169 Views)

★★ Guide

Nope, it's a KNOWN ISSUE. If you check the forums you'll find that multiple people (me included) are having this issue, particularly while playing Dragon Age Inquisition, but they keep replying to contact support.

Message 4 of 20 (13,160 Views)

★ Novice
Can confirm. Just reset my password the 3rd time in the past 2 weeks. Each time right after playing Dragon Age Inquisition (I don't even play anything else using Origin). Getting real tired of this sh** too.
Message 5 of 20 (13,126 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

must have had 6 of these emails in under 2 months and it's bloody annoying.
I wondered if it was because I was playing Origins and Inquisition simultaneously, but it seems not.

btw I tried using same password as before and it was immediately accepted, so if this is a security issue EA are being very lax.

Message 6 of 20 (13,105 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had the same issue and already changed my email and passwords multiple times. Last one was yesterday.  It seems the issue is related to DAI that is link to Dragon Age Keep.

At the moment, I'm following someone's suggestion of unchecking the boxes located under Options, Account. I hope this works since I totally agree that this issue is very annoying.

Message 7 of 20 (12,878 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I bitched about this on Twitter, and an EA support bod came to my aid - you often get more help on Twitter than you do on official help sites.
he asked me a few questions and after doing a bit of research he came back:

I just received an update about this situation.
Do you play Dragon Age: Inquisition by any chance?
If you do, please go to the game "Options" and then "Account" and uncheck the following 3 settings: - Share usage data - Always log me in - Upload game data to Dragon Age Keep
Other players reported doing this stops the email from being sent out, I can't promise it will work for you as we're still investigating, but it's worth trying in the meantime. Hope this helps! -Claus

So I'm trying it. Pain in the neck but not as annoying as having those emails every tenish days
fingers crossed eh ;-)

Message 8 of 20 (12,817 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@TanyaT99 wrote:

I bitched about this on Twitter, and an EA support bod came to my aid - you often get more help on Twitter than you do on official help sites.
he asked me a few questions and after doing a bit of research he came back:

I just received an update about this situation.
Do you play Dragon Age: Inquisition by any chance?
If you do, please go to the game "Options" and then "Account" and uncheck the following 3 settings: - Share usage data - Always log me in - Upload game data to Dragon Age Keep
Other players reported doing this stops the email from being sent out, I can't promise it will work for you as we're still investigating, but it's worth trying in the meantime. Hope this helps! -Claus

So I'm trying it. Pain in the neck but not as annoying as having those emails every tenish days
fingers crossed eh ;-)

so far no emails, hurray!
But I'm wondering when I'll be able to log back onto the servers again, I bet EA won't tell us the problem has been fixed, because they have never told us there is a problem.

Message 9 of 20 (12,752 Views)

★★ Novice

OMG Tanya you are truly blessed by Andraste herself. I thought I was going crazy. 2 resets in 1 week. Hopefully this fixes it!

Message 10 of 20 (12,701 Views)