origin is telling me to update operating system but im using windows 10

by thelastxcvii

Original Post

origin is telling me to update operating system but im using windows 10

★★★ Newbie

so I was gifted the sims 4 pc game and I downloaded origin, however when im trying to install it, firstly it says it's updating and then a box shows up saying 'hold up, an update is required' it basically says I need to update my operating system, but i'm already on windows 10. I've spent hours and hours trying to figure out what's wrong, but im so confused. does anyone know what could be wrong? it's super frustrating because I have this game but I can't even play it. once again, my laptop is using windows 10, but origin claims my operating system need to be updated in order to use the game. I have a newer laptop at my dad's house and sims is downloaded on that but I can't install origin for the same reasons - it says my operating system is old. any suggestions??

Message 1 of 2 (865 Views)

Re: origin is telling me to update operating system but im using windows 10

@thelastxcvii a dxdiag would help.

My guess is that you have an older Windows 10 build. So an Windows update might be required. Windows 10 had a number of builds by now and one of them may be needed for the latest Origin updates. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 2 (826 Views)