Re: origin is not booting up

by potatoboy69420ye

Original Post

Community Manager

@potatoboy69420ye 

Thanks! 

Looking at the diagnostic section in the DxDiag you attached it looks like there are some Windows system errors happening. When you have a chance can you try running the Windows System File Checker to see if it's able to identify any issues? 

You can find more details on how to run the tool over at the Microsoft Support website. Let me know if that helps at all. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 11 of 23 (856 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

I did  the Windows System File Checker but it told me that it did not find any integrity issues.

/potatoboy

Message 12 of 23 (832 Views)

Community Manager

@potatoboy69420ye 

Thanks for checking that for me. 

What happens if you create a new admin user in Windows and try starting up Origin through that account? Can you give that a try as well and let me know what happens? 

For more info on how to create a new user check out the Microsoft Support website. Let me know if Origin still isn't launching when you try to start the client. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 13 of 23 (806 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

Origin is very much still not doing much. Tried opening as an admin and normaly, no response.

/potatoboy

Message 14 of 23 (784 Views)

Community Manager

@potatoboy69420ye 

That's definitely strange. 

I know you've already tried reinstalling Origin, but can we try completely removing the program from your PC to see if that makes any difference? When you've got the chance please try following the steps for "the hard way" over at the EA Help article on uninstalling the client. 

Once it's been removed try reinstalling one more time and let me know if you're still having trouble launching. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 15 of 23 (752 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

I tried re-installing origin on the new admin account you told me to create but it still did not fix the Issue.

When I click on the origin shorcut, it still very much does nothing.

If you have any other ideas, I'm ready to try

/potatoboy 

Message 16 of 23 (715 Views)

Community Manager

@potatoboy69420ye 

I appreciate you giving it a shot for me.

What sort of security software are you running on your PC? Have you checked to make sure there are exceptions for Origin? It sounds like there could be something blocking the program. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 17 of 23 (676 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

Good evening to you,

I only use the basic firewall and anti-virus that windows offers. I doubt that it would be the issue here.

I tried running origin after deactivating both and it still did nothing.

As always.

/potatoboy

Message 18 of 23 (635 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having all of these problems. Very frustrating/

Message 19 of 23 (610 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent I think that the solution at this point would be to reset windows entirely and set my hard drive clean.

What I'll do is replace my hard drive with a new one and that'll be that. I'm pretty sure at this point that my hard drive is corrupted to some level.

I thank you for your perseverance and wish you well. Keep up the good work !
Message 20 of 23 (1,375 Views)