Re: origin is not booting up

by potatoboy69420ye

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin is not booting up

★★★ Novice

For the third time I installed origin on my computer and as per usual I get the worst experience trying to make this thing work at all.

I tried unistalling, re-installing it and then a complete reboot of my computer and that changed absolutely nothing. 

When I double click on the origin shortcut (and also on the .exe file) on my desktop, I can see my cursor change it's form to a blue circle like usual (to indicate that the computer is working on opening the app), then it stops spinning and then nothing else happens. The app is not opened in the task manager, in fact there is no sign at all that the app is opened or is trying to open in any way.

Please help.

Message 1 of 23 (1,223 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent I think that the solution at this point would be to reset windows entirely and set my hard drive clean.

What I'll do is replace my hard drive with a new one and that'll be that. I'm pretty sure at this point that my hard drive is corrupted to some level.

I thank you for your perseverance and wish you well. Keep up the good work !

View in thread

Message 20 of 23 (1,336 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @potatoboy69420ye

When you've got the chance can you try clearing out the Origin cache to see if that helps at all? There might be some cached data that's preventing the client from starting up properly. 

For more details on how to clear the cache check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 23 (1,185 Views)

★★★ Novice

I followed the guide you gave me to clear the cache but the same issue persist.

The only thing I see happening is a slight momentary change of the cursor (exactly like the screenshot bellow). I also don't get any error message.

Message 3 of 23 (1,172 Views)

Community Manager

@potatoboy69420ye 

Thanks for giving it a shot. 

Have you tried launching Origin as an Administrator to see if that makes any difference at all? In some cases Windows UAC can block the client from running, so starting the client as an admin might help. 

If you right click on the icon to launch the game you should see the Run as Administrator option when the menu pops up. Let me know if that makes any difference at all when you try to start up the client. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 23 (1,136 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried running as administrator and also tried re-installing origin but so far, it changes nothing. The app does not launch. I also do not have an antivirus that could possibly cause this issue. I tried clearing my windows cache too and that still does nothing.

Message 5 of 23 (1,130 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

If you need more info you can ask and I'll do my best to help fix this issue by providing it to you.

Cordially, 

Potatoboi

Message 6 of 23 (1,106 Views)

Community Manager

@potatoboy69420ye 

I appreciate you giving it a shot!

What happens if you start up your PC in a Clean Boot before you launch Origin? If there's something else running on the PC that could be preventing the client from starting up that may help get around it. 

For more details on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. Let me know if the client is still having trouble starting up after that. Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 23 (1,071 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

Hello, it's me again,

The clean Boot did nothing in my case

I offer to you a "msinfo32" report of my computer. I hope it may be of any help.

Cordially,

Potatoboy

Message 8 of 23 (1,029 Views)

Community Manager

@potatoboy69420ye 

Thanks for following up! Would you mind running a DxDiag and attaching that to the thread when you have a chance? For more info on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website

Once you have the text file please attach it here. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 23 (995 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

As requested, 

Here is the Dxdiag txt file of my computer

Potatoboy

Message 10 of 23 (966 Views)