origin is in use

by GeoJem

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin is in use

★★★ Newbie

When I open origin it comes up with a message saying that I can't open the application because someone else is using it 

Message 1 of 5 (482 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: origin is in use

Community Manager

@GeoJem 

Just to confirm, have you tried actually shutting down and restarting the PC to see if that makes any difference at all? That should force any instances of Origin that might be running to close. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (443 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @GeoJem

Is it saying that you're unable to log into your EA Account in the Origin client, or is it actually saying that it can't launch the client itself? 

If you're getting a message that the client itself cannot start, do you have multiple user accounts in Windows? Is it possible the client is currently running on one of those other user accounts? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 5 (466 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks for the quick reply,

there was another person with origin running in their tab bar, they've now quit it however it still comes up with the same message

Message 3 of 5 (460 Views)

Community Manager

@GeoJem 

Just to confirm, have you tried actually shutting down and restarting the PC to see if that makes any difference at all? That should force any instances of Origin that might be running to close. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 5 (444 Views)

my origin won't open

★★★ Newbie

hey! im having an issue with origin. whenever i click on it, it says "You can’t open the application “Origin” because someone else is using it." but no one else has my account. when i click on sims to open.... it says reinstall origin. i reinstalled origin but it keeps saying the same thing! does anyone know how to fix it? thanks.

Message 5 of 5 (423 Views)