Re: origin error code 327682:12

by LuvMySimz

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Has anyone tried the new beta EA desktop app and seen if that makes a difference?  I haven't yet, but I'm tempted. 

Message 51 of 68 (1,118 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, and it was buggy as hell, but of course it's still in beta so it would be. I uninstalled it because it's unusable right now. 

Message 52 of 68 (1,034 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@icklewabbitYou can save your library and gameplay by copying/backing up the "Tray" and "Saves" folders in your Sims 4 file before de-installing and re-installing, then afterwards put them back and voila, your gameplay is saved Standard smile

And yes, I am having this issue too, still persists.

Message 53 of 68 (971 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Darko

This is not a new issue, this has been ongoing with Origin since November 2020, here is link below. however the person at EA who commented to people on it stopped responding and has done nothing to fix it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Repairing-game-takes-forever-and-slows-down-th...

On Page 2 off this there are screenshots of errors attached by me that you can go view.

Also there are numerous other bug reports opened by people for same issue. Multiple were closed with no fix action.

I assure you this is an issue with Origin itself as the process Origin is what is spiking players CPU utilization to 100% and tanking their PC's. Us players want someone at EA to OWN the issue and actually fix the issue as it is impossible to repair Sims 4 currently.

I ask this of you, will YOU own the issue and actually see that it is repaired?

I am at my wits end with EA at this point and may not get Sims 5 if your company does this because the amount off issues not repaired with Origin and Sims 4 is getting beyond ridiculous at this point. This would be really sad as I love the game.

I have tried all steps you have outlined previously, none of them have worked. The issue is not with my PC as I am very tech savvy and do not have any issues with running other game apps and system hungry programs...for example the PC I play Sims 4 on I also run Adobe Creative Cloud apps such as Illustrator, etc. and have never had this issue. I also have no other programs that spike my CPU to 100% and remains there. Prior to repair I tried back in November I had never had any issues with repairing Sims 4 before and I am using the same PC to play on. So as I previously stated the issue is not on my end. Also you saying "This can be incredibly unreliable but if a program is using 100% of your CPU then this is generally system-related and not related to that program. I would suggest doing a quick scan of your PC for any malware." is a bunch of B.S. This records quite accurately on my PC and I do not have any Malware, Trojans or any types of viruses on my PC. Issue is Origin.

Also I can limit CPU usage for Origin by throttling how many CPU's it can use and it will max out all CPU's available to it, I have an 8-core processor PC and if I cut CPU's down from 8 to 4 for example it will flatline at 50% meaning it is using processing speed of all 4 CPU's. This is not something I typically will mess with especially as I said never had issue before when it used all 8 processors and CPU's did not max out before.

I do not run any Mods or CC on Sims 4 as I always play game as is until all game expansions are released and new content is no longer being added as I don't want to deal with issues on top of issues caused by programming errors by game companies.

Initially as others have said it will repair base game Sims 4 and then CPU begins to climb. Gets to near 50% utilization on 2nd file, then upwards at 75% to 80% on 3rd file then will hit 99-100% and remain there. Once queue hits around 30 repairs at around Get Famous then Origin error 327682:12 pops up. Seems to appear from finalization of Get Famous into transition of next file in queue. These are the ones I have seen it error out on today: Get Famous, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff and Outdoor Retreat. I did not get the error on Cats & Dogs nor Dine Out that was between these files. I did notice when it does this the Download Manager queue will jump off file currently repairing and you cannot go back to top to view status. Also you will see status bar but percentage is missing and file status info missing. All you have is the green bar or a blank bar with no status. Also I did  see the Online Friend Chat drop offline at one point. If Origin ever does seem tp complete then Origin will not let you load Sims 4 and will tell you a download is still in progress. If you logout of Origin it will restart the repair all over again and keep going into this loop unless you cancel out of repair altogether and keep files as it was.

There are way too many users reporting this issue for it to be related to someone's PC...

Message 54 of 68 (940 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well said!  I've reached out to Origin about the issue as well, also no response.  At this point I dread running into a point where I have to repair my game because I know it is going to be an multi hour ordeal.  I look forward to playing on the weekends, unfortunately, when there is an issue and I have to repair, that takes away any chance of doing that.  I kicked off a repair yesterday morning, left to run errands, came back two hours later and it still wasn't complete.  Its to the point where it is completely unreasonable, and all we are getting are these little game fixes that don't even address the major in game issues. 

Do I think its cool my keyboard and mouse change color to match my sims emotions, of course, but let's be real, I'd rather have a game I can repair in under 30 minutes.  

Message 55 of 68 (921 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@jess33152 hours? You are lucky. 5 hours here at the least (if I don’t break up some packs in queues)

with 30 packs installed. Definitely not repairing anymore nor do I buy any more packs until this is fixed.

Message 56 of 68 (917 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, TwinGoddessLA,

I was the one opening this thread and, for me, the problem started back in September. I still can´t repair my game and it looks like there will be no reply and no help from EA.

Athough it's something that I don't want to do, as I love this game; I've promissed myself not to buy any more packs until this problem is adressed, and I will stick to it! 

Message 57 of 68 (908 Views)

★ Guide

@jess3315

If your PC has multiple CPU's, you could try to throttle the CPU's and it may allow your repair to complete. Mine did, it took longer than it used to but it stopped Origin from maxing out my CPU's and throwing the error. Here are steps I took to get around it.

Login to Origin, then right click taskbar and select task manager.

Go to Details tab and scroll down until you find Origin.exe on the left column under name.

Right click, Origin.exe in list and click Set affinity, then uncheck about half of the processors in list. ( Example, since I have a PC with 8-core processors labeled CPU 0-7, I uncheck 4-7). Click Ok button.

At this point run Repair through origin on Sims 4 (It will still max processors that are selected, if u have 4 of 8 in use it will max out to 50% but will not crash your PC as the other 4 will not be in use.

Final step (It  is very important that you Do Not start Sims or recheck PC's CPU's until you do this If you re-enable CPU's or start Sims it could crash as it will not release CPU's processes after repair is completed). Once repair is complete, logout of Origin and close it completely. 

Then restart Origin, go back to Details tab in task manager and recheck all CPU's that are disabled. Load Sims 4 and your good to go.

FYI - I don't work for EA, but know my way around PC's/Software/Hardware Troubleshooting.

Maybe one day they will fix Origin....but since they keep releasing their packs without even bothering to fix bugs that appear or keep reappearing due to their programmers lack of diligence I won't hold my breath on it.

Message 58 of 68 (861 Views)

★ Guide
@ATrigueiros to be honest, I can't remember the last time before November that I had tried a repair on Sims 4. Most likely it was further back problem existed. More power to you on sticking with that promise, I am same way. Even Betseda's Skyrim bugs weren't this bad and they got some pretty bad ones. LOL.
Message 59 of 68 (862 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same issue and nothing is working, whether I do a hard uninstall and clear the cache it’s still lagging and I can’t access my game. It just stays on the loading screen. Every time I try to repair the game it takes forever just to be interrupted. 

Message 60 of 68 (844 Views)