origin crash

by samer000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin crash

★★★★ Novice

origin crashing after i clicked download on apex legends now i can't launch origin cause apex legends start to verify then origin crash,i tried it on my laptop and same problem is happening there too, as soon as i click download origin never works again and i tried reinstalling origin still the same

Message 1 of 11 (3,915 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: origin crash

★★★★ Novice

i had to log in and as soon as i logged in i disconnected then i connected back again cancelled the verification it crashed than i started it again it wasn't verifying so it didn't crash i went to options saw where the cache installation files were and game files location and made sure those drives have enough space for the game but which i wasn't the problem then i turned on safe downloading and now it's downloading normally

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (3,770 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

can you please answer me ? i have games that i payed for in there and i can't log in without crashing

Message 2 of 11 (3,859 Views)

★★ Novice

Are you by chance playing from China? Me and my friends are having the same problem with Origin, like Origin isnt even opening, just straight crashes 

Message 3 of 11 (3,827 Views)

★★★ Novice

Mine is also crashing. It updated earlier and now it crashes on startup, even after fully reinstalling it. It starts up, jumps to 50%+ CPU usage then closes.

Message 4 of 11 (3,824 Views)

★★★★ Novice

no i'm playing from the middle east

Message 5 of 11 (3,790 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yup same and no help at all for till now only crashes did everything deleted files in program data and app data and reinstalled still crashing

Message 6 of 11 (3,789 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

so now origin cannot be used it opens offline but can't open online

Message 7 of 11 (3,788 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i had to log in and as soon as i logged in i disconnected then i connected back again cancelled the verification it crashed than i started it again it wasn't verifying so it didn't crash i went to options saw where the cache installation files were and game files location and made sure those drives have enough space for the game but which i wasn't the problem then i turned on safe downloading and now it's downloading normally

Message 8 of 11 (3,771 Views)

★★★★ Novice

we have to deal and fix ea problems? cool

Message 9 of 11 (3,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@samer000 Prayerfulcub95

Yeah, this could happen while trying to move or locate any game. But I've found that temporarily moving the "Origin Games" folder (on the destination drive) to another directory and launching Origin caused the buggy game being moved or verified to completely disappear. Of course, all of the games on your folder would seem like they need to be re-downloaded.
Then just restore the Origin Games folder (again, on the destination drive); and in a minute or so Origin would automatically show that all of your previous downloads are available again. Head to settings and make sure the correct directory is still listed in the install&save tab for good measure.
If you still want to move that particular game, you would have to do it manually, because it'll most likely crash Origin again.
First initiate a download (making sure the complete game folder is somewhere else). And as soon as your download begins, hit pause and move the files into the Origin Games folder and overwrite Origin's attempted download folder. Head back into the app and resume. It would take a moment to verify and finalize and it'll be ready to play in no time.
Message 10 of 11 (3,037 Views)