Re: origin closes itself

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

origin closes itself

★★★ Newbie

so i just downloaded origin on my laptop, i haven't downloaded it on this laptop before. it seemed to install properly, but once i log in, it simply shows the little loading icon and then closes down. i've searched everywhere on the internet, i've asked friends, i've tried literally every solution that has worked for other people, everything from changing my screen resolution to restarting, reinstalling, installing older versions, and disconnecting from the internet, and my laptop won't let me change the color mode. i am completely lost. does anyone know what to do?? i've tried everything i could possibly think of and nothing works.

Message 1 of 5 (406 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @jacejupiter

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with Origin Frown

I know that you've already tried quite a few things, but could you try steps listed in this article. If they don't help or if you've already checked them out, please try to launch Origin after a clean boot.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 5 (394 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Ataashi i tried everything you suggested and none of it worked Frown i even tried uninstalling Discord and reinstalling Origin, but that didn't work either. i'm so lost, honestly. (and yes, i did the clean boot too - same results!)

Message 3 of 5 (387 Views)

@jacejupiter

Could you send us your DxDiag report then? I think it would be easier to find a solution if we knew a bit more about your laptop.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 5 (349 Views)

Hey @jacejupiter

Just wanted to ask if you've managed to fix the problem with Origin application or do you still need our further assistance? Wondering

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 5 of 5 (306 Views)