origin app latest version

by MelMist

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin app latest version

★★ Novice

what's the latest updated version of the app and where can I find it to download (my mac won't open the current version I have, it keeps requierring the updated version.)

Message 1 of 13 (686 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: origin app latest version

@MelMist  That is quite strange, and not what most people are seeing.  I wonder if you have different security settings than the rest of us?  (And the Portuguese is fine—I understand enough Spanish to not need to use a translator.)

I will ask someone else for more advice on this, but in the meantime, the only thing I can think of is that you somehow did get an older version of the OriginThinSetup.  I think there was an issue with the Brazilian site at one point or another, but I don't remember the details.  You can try downloading a new one from the U.S. store here; maybe a private browsing window will prevent you from being redirected.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 11 of 13 (724 Views)

All Replies

@MelMist  A fresh download from origin.com is going to give you the most updated available version of Origin.  If you're getting a warning about not being able to open Origin because Apple can't check it for malicious software, you can manually bypass the warning.  Try to open the download again, so you see the error again.  Then click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select System Preferences > Security & Privacy.  Under the General tab, you should see a message about Origin being blocked.  CIick the lock icon in the lower left corner of the window, enter your computer password so you can make changes, and click "allow anyway" for Origin.

Message 2 of 13 (657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you @puzzlezaddict !  Unfortunately, it does not read because it says the origin version I downloaded is not compatible with my OS version. That's why I wanted to know which version of the app was the newest release.

Message 3 of 13 (625 Views)

@MelMist  What version of macOS do you have?  If you're running Catalina, the version of Origin you downloaded should run just fine.  All you need to do is follow the directions in my previous post, and you'll be able to manually run the installer.  Make sure you're using an admin account on your computer, or get someone with an admin account to do it for you.

If you have a different version of macOS, please let me know which one it is.

Message 4 of 13 (610 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict , yes, it's catalina. but when I try to open origin, it says that it has to update the app.... so, my hands are tied.

Message 5 of 13 (592 Views)

@MelMist  What I'm saying is, you can get past that message that Origin needs to be updated.  It doesn't actually need to be updated; you just need to tell your computer to open it anyway.

Please do this:

"Try to open Origin again, so you see the error again. Then click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select System Preferences > Security & Privacy. Under the General tab, you should see a message about Origin being blocked. CIick the lock icon in the lower left corner of the window, enter your computer password so you can make changes, and click "allow anyway" for Origin."

If it doesn't work, please post a screenshot of the error you get when you try.  (You can take a screenshot by clicking command-shift-4 and dragging your cursor over the section of screen you want to capture.)  If you don't see the option to open Origin anyway, please take a screenshot of the window where it's supposed to be.  If you're not an admin user of your Mac, please get the person who is to do this for you, since you'll need a password to allow Origin to be installed.

Message 6 of 13 (577 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict , thanks for not giving up on me!

I tried what you suggested, but can't find on the general (on the security and privacy) the message saying that origin is blocked!

(I tried to capture the screen, but can't find where the image went)

I hate technology sometimes.

Message 7 of 13 (556 Views)

@MelMist  That's strange that you wouldn't see the option to unblock Origin.  Are you using an admin account on your Mac?  If not, that might be the issue.

If you right-click (or hold down crtl and click) on Origin and select Open, do you get any popup?  I tried it just now, after uninstalling and then manually tightening the security settings on my own laptop, and I got a message saying Origin wasn't from the App Store, but did I want to open it anyway, and clicking yes let Origin open normally.

As for the screenshots, normally they'd land on your desktop after a few seconds.  If you can't find them though, you can try searching for the word "screen shot" in Finder.  The default is that each one will be called "Screen Shot [date] [time]," as in, the timestamp from when it was taken.

Message 8 of 13 (544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue. Was in line for tech support chat for nearly 2 hours and they ended the chat because I didn't respond in 1 minute. Ugh. I tried all of the above, so not sure what else to do? Hopefully it's a problem on their end and they fix it soon.

Message 9 of 13 (543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict here what pops up to me (I'm brazilian, so it's in portuguese)

Captura de Tela 2019-10-26 às 17.00.55.png

Captura de Tela 2019-10-26 às 16.50.27 2.png

Yes, I'm using an adimin account.

I really am trying EVERYTHING you say, word by word, and it's not working.........

Message 10 of 13 (531 Views)