Re: origin Error code: 54005

by imagenesis

Original Post

Re: error code 54005

★★★ Expert

Make sure the information for the card in PayPal matches the information in your EA account. Things like zip or post code, name on the card, every detail that is in both needs to match.

Message 21 of 34 (4,127 Views)

★ Guide

That is incorrect. This is EA's issue and I did work for them for over a year. Sadly they dont give a * about you guys and will blame it on pay pal. Im having the same issue. Its EA's * servers and token push from EA to PayPal that is failing.

Message 22 of 34 (3,910 Views)

Re: error 54005 trying to buy origin access

★★★ Newbie

so I figured out that if you just connect your account in general with a card, and don't go through paypal. When the window pops up asking what your payment is in origon, it will work. Or at least it did for me

Message 23 of 34 (3,400 Views)

★ Novice

It's weird I have the same issue, I can purshase in google play, music, etc, but I can't pay anything in origin...

Message 24 of 34 (3,321 Views)

★ Guide

I never had a problem before.

And I don't see which difference it makes if I pay with my paypal via bank account or paypal via credit card.

It shouldn't be that difficult to buy something.

Message 25 of 34 (3,243 Views)

★ Novice

Me too. I can buy game from Stream by my paypal account. but I can't buy everything from Origin. Why???

Message 26 of 34 (3,197 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was getting this same issue trying to buy a game via Origin using PayPal. Originally tried using a credit card on my PayPal but got this error code. Ended up logging into my PayPal and realized the card I was trying to use is dated to expire this month. Not sure if that might be a factor, but maybe? Ended up just charging it to my bank account via PayPal. Will just have to transfer money from one card to another later.

Message 27 of 34 (3,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I can buy games from STEAM, from GOG, for eshops world wide,  but there's the issue buying from ORIGIN.  #54005.

I

Message 28 of 34 (2,813 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hey... @Cro-K-Justice

I meant  the information tied to the credit card linked to Paypal and the information in your Origin account. You cannot pay with a PayPal reserve, you need to have credit card attached to the account.

Check the address and zip code for instance. If they are different from the address and zip code of the credit card PayPal might not authorize the payment.

[Am not working for EA, If is answer good pls give me XP or accept as solution.]

Thanks for using ANSWERS HQ!

Message 29 of 34 (2,775 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hey... @crokjustice

I meant  the information tied to the credit card linked to Paypal and the information in your Origin account. You cannot pay with a PayPal reserve, you need to have credit card attached to the account.

Check the address and zip code for instance. If they are different from the address and zip code of the credit card PayPal might not authorize the payment.

[Am not working for EA, If is answer good pls give me XP or accept as solution.]

Thanks for using ANSWERS HQ!

Message 30 of 34 (2,759 Views)