orgins wont laund after update

by DevilzDust

Original Post

orgins wont laund after update

★ Novice

anyone know how to get this fixed? I was prompted to update and after I did it wont  launch so I cant play any games. I've uninstalled, re-installed, used task manager watch every video I can find and still nothing. Frown I did a system restore and then it would open only to be prompted to update or I couldn't play. Anyone have any suggestions ?

Message 1 of 15 (763 Views)

Re: orgins wont laund after update

@DevilzDust

I moved your thread to the Origin board.

Try to clear your Origin cache.
All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

• Close Origin completely.
    (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder.
    (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%AppData%" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder.
  • In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on "AppData".
  • Open the "Local" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder.
  • Restart your PC. > test
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 15 (752 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having exactly the same issue and have done all the same things you have to fix it. I am running Windows 10 so if you have help for that please post.

Message 3 of 15 (703 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi

Same here tried everything and I mean everything from all available threads and nothing on there works.

It is an Origin problem for certain. It worked before the update. 

I have sent loads of reports and crash reports and heard zip all back nada nothing.

There is a * workaround to get your games working but it is rubbish.

Download version 10.4 of Origin client and install that - uncheck all update boxes. When it install your games will be back and off you go.

However, if you put the PC into sleep or shut down it will not work and wans to update or go offline - trust me neither option works.

Sadly you need to reinstall 10.4 everytime!!  

Come on Origin sort it out!

There must be plenty of people with this issue.

I have a shortcut to my 10.4 Version of Origin client on my desktop.

Hope it helps kind of.

Message 4 of 15 (673 Views)

★★★ Novice
same here. tried everything and nothig works. funny is that I can log in to origin page or FUT web app, but not to origin client.
Message 5 of 15 (663 Views)

@Wellsarkin @Misak_Moravan @Scinta28

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

Also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the "Origin.exe".

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 6 of 15 (655 Views)

★★★ Newbie

LOL maybe it's because I am a MAC user but I refuse to do in depth coding to fix an issue that Origin should be in the process of fixing. WTF origin. I've tried for 3 hours now to update sims 4 after trying to update origin first and nothing is working. I am not experienced in coding and shouldn't have to be to play a computer game for god sakes. 

Message 7 of 15 (628 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem.. been hitting my head against a wall for ages now! Hope someone can help Standard smile

Message 8 of 15 (619 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I did the steps suggested in the first response from the original post and it worked. Thank you!

Message 9 of 15 (599 Views)

@amh16

Troubleshooting such a problem has nothing at all to do with coding.

There is a good chance that the problem is on your system, and not with Origin.

Here you can find The SIms Mac thread.

The people there are really good in what they doing, so if you want help I would suggest to go there.

@Scinta28

You're welcome!

Message 10 of 15 (592 Views)