new Origin client a piece of ****

by Xjohnyboy_420X

Original Post

new Origin client a piece of ****

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

new client wont even let me launch any of my games -_-

so EA are you done ****ing everything up yet or am i just going too give up on you're wack *** like i should have after BF4

i dont understand what makes you do the dumb **** you do like hero class's and such, but ya im done BF 2142 and BF BC2 4lyfe

everything you done for the last 3 years has been nothing but white wash, trying too hard too be like Call of ****

Message 1 of 43 (4,232 Views)

Re: new Origin client a piece of ****

★★★★ Novice

I absolutely hate this update. I was leery of Origin before but now it is without a doubt my least favorite client.

Message 2 of 43 (4,125 Views)

★★★★ Novice

100% TRUE!

EA DO SOMETHING!

Message 3 of 43 (4,085 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Xjohnyboy_420X @DEC1MU5 @Janusz_Walki

Your current messaging isn't helpful to us as no clarification on what you don't like about the client is offered.

Let us know what you don't like or want to see changed and we can look into working that out for you.

Message 4 of 43 (4,058 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Straatford87 Its Easy we don't like the new client, we want the old one back.
What is not to understand ??

So its really easy old origin back or i am out.

I can't stand the design and i can't stand it has to look like win10

one thing more If it not broke don't fix it. And that is what you did with Origin

Message 5 of 43 (4,050 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can't actually login to the new Origin client because the login pop-up presents a blank white screen. Still haven't heard any update on a solution. Any ideas please?

Message 6 of 43 (4,045 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Hun73rdk

The old Origin client isn't coming back. There must however be something specific that you don't like about the new client?

@cutemma

Would like to help you there. However, I want to make sure that I don't respond with the same steps that you've already tried.

Could you let me know which steps those are? Linking to the specific threads you read is also fine.

Message 7 of 43 (4,040 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The issue with the blank login screen started as soon as I updated, so I uninstalled and attempted to reinstall but the file OriginThinSetup downloaded from your website also opened a blank screen. I downloaded a previous version of Origin from an external website which worked fine with no blank screen issues, until I was again forced to update after which the blank login screen returned. 

I'm currently running Windows 7 which is completely up to date as far as I know. I've since uninstalled and reinstalled Origin a second time from your website but the file OriginThinSetupBeta still presents the same blank screen. I'm not very technical but if you have any advice that would be appreciated, thanks.

Message 8 of 43 (4,029 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, I should also add that I've tried running it as administrator and in various compatibility modes but with no luck. Thanks 

Message 9 of 43 (4,024 Views)

EA DICE Team

@cutemma

That helped a lot - thanks for your detailed post.

What I would like you to check is if there are any anti-virus, anti-malware or firewall programs on your system. You can either temporarily disable, uninstall or add exceptions for Origin to them.

Running your system in a clean boot would also help in checking if any other programs on your system are blocking Origin from working properly.

If you need further help then I would like you to upload a dxdiag to this thread. You can do that by clicking Choose File after selecting Reply.

Message 10 of 43 (4,001 Views)