Re: my sims 4 expansion packs won't download?!

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

my sims 4 expansion packs won't download?!

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi,

I have had to uninstall and reinstall the sims due to technical issues the main game and the legacy add on worked perfectly fine but the rest of my expansions will not download i can see them queued in the bottom left but whenever i hit download it just says download failed!Devil

any help people are wiling to give would be appreciated tysm.Standard smile

Message 1 of 9 (741 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @njhumphry can you share the full error message that you are seeing as they generally contain information that allows us to narrow down the cause of the issue.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (736 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @njhumphry did you get this sorted?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 9 (656 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

im having the same problem but i am not seeing an error message. when the game screen with content starts before the game, 2 expansion packs that i paid for and supposedly downloaded, dont show. But they show up on Origin as content that is installed.

Message 4 of 9 (613 Views)

@gospacerocket  Which packs are missing, and what version does your game have?  Please load the game to the Main Menu, where you can choose to load a save or start a new one, and look along the bottom of the screen, or in the lower right corner.  Please list the entire version number, i.e. 1.xx.xx.xxxx.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 9 (601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you for responding! I have sims 4 digital deluxe legacy edition  1.71.86.1620  the packs missing are the university, eco life style and tiny living pack.

Message 6 of 9 (575 Views)

@gospacerocket  You're running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4, which won't run any packs released after October 2019.  Those packs will still install, they just won't show up in-game.

If your Mac cannot in fact run the standard version of Sims 4, you can contact EA customer support and request a refund for the packs.  Even though Sims 4 packs are usually not eligible for refunds, support often makes an exception in this case.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 7 of 9 (556 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Oh wow I just realized, my computer is "old". 24 bit color graphics.

I wonder if everything will transfer over fine once I get a new computer?

thank you for taking theme to respond!

Message 8 of 9 (536 Views)

@gospacerocket  Your Origin account owns your games, not your computer, so you'll be able to download Sims 4 and your packs on a new computer whenever you get one.  Your saves can be transferred too and should work fine on the new computer.  Saves that are run in the standard version of Sims 4 don't work in the Legacy Edition, but the reverse is not true.

When you're ready for a new computer, if you want to talk about computer specs or need help copying over your saves, feel free to post in one of the Sims 4 sections asking for advice.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

Message 9 of 9 (533 Views)