my sims 3 game is broken

by woogeyeehaw

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my sims 3 game is broken

★★★ Novice

I just recently downloaded my sims 3 game on my computer but when I click play the game launcher shows this message,

Skärmbild (38).png

I've tried reinstalling the game and removing all my cc but nothing works, please help!

Message 1 of 5 (726 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my sims 3 game is broken

@woogeyeehaw  The reason I asked about the source is because there's a way to manually patch disc installs, but doing so on an Origin/Windows install will either do nothing or break the game.  You're not the only one with this issue in the last few days, but so far there's no reliable solution yet.  However, I can offer a couple of suggestions, and hopefully one will work for you.

First of all, please check to make sure your Access subscription is still live.  If it's been cancelled for whatever reason, you won't be able to play Sims 3.  If it is active, open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.  Restart your computer and try to play.

If that doesn't help, try clearing Origin's cache.  The next step would be to clear the cache again and then uninstall Origin "the hard way" an reinstall.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

If this doesn't work either, uninstall Origin (the hard way again) and TS3, and then clean your computer's registry of all TS3-related entries.  You can do this manually or with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner.  If you have saves you'd like to preserve, start by pulling your game folder out of Documents\EA and onto your desktop.  It's a good idea to rename it too, so that the cleaner app doesn't delete it.  Once your registry is clean, you can reinstall both Origin and the game.

Please let me know whether any of these steps worked.  Even if they didn't, that's good information to have, and I'll try to get someone from EA to look into this as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (658 Views)

All Replies

@woogeyeehaw  What kind of install is this?  Did you ever have Sims 3 installed on this computer before, and if so, was it from the same source or different?  How to fix the issue will depend on the type of install.

Message 2 of 5 (705 Views)

★★★ Novice

i got my game from having origin access and i had it on my computer before and it worked just fine. It's from the same source as before so I don't understand why it isn't working. Do you think reinstalling origin could help?? I have no idea what to do anymore

Message 3 of 5 (677 Views)

@woogeyeehaw  The reason I asked about the source is because there's a way to manually patch disc installs, but doing so on an Origin/Windows install will either do nothing or break the game.  You're not the only one with this issue in the last few days, but so far there's no reliable solution yet.  However, I can offer a couple of suggestions, and hopefully one will work for you.

First of all, please check to make sure your Access subscription is still live.  If it's been cancelled for whatever reason, you won't be able to play Sims 3.  If it is active, open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.  Restart your computer and try to play.

If that doesn't help, try clearing Origin's cache.  The next step would be to clear the cache again and then uninstall Origin "the hard way" an reinstall.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

If this doesn't work either, uninstall Origin (the hard way again) and TS3, and then clean your computer's registry of all TS3-related entries.  You can do this manually or with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner.  If you have saves you'd like to preserve, start by pulling your game folder out of Documents\EA and onto your desktop.  It's a good idea to rename it too, so that the cleaner app doesn't delete it.  Once your registry is clean, you can reinstall both Origin and the game.

Please let me know whether any of these steps worked.  Even if they didn't, that's good information to have, and I'll try to get someone from EA to look into this as well.

Message 4 of 5 (659 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you sooooo much, I cleared the cache and the game now works!

Message 5 of 5 (640 Views)