Re: Origin won't update my sims 4 - CAN'T PLAY IT NOW!!

by harrythefluff

Original Post

Re: my origin will not update my sims 4

★★★ Novice

I have been having this issue as well. I have tried every possible solution. I have sent many Error Reports to Origin. Still nothing.

I tried the above suggestion as well, but it still does not work.

The window that you can open to see the progress of the download, does not show any data coming in. ("0MB/___MB). Then when it gives up, I get a window that says "Download server is not responding." I also have several notifications (for all the current expansion and stuff packs) that say "Download failed." It is the same if I try to download SimCity or Sims 3.

I know it is not on my end as I am able to download updates for other games and devices with no problem.

There are a lot of people with this same problem and EA has not done or said anything able it.

I have been playing these games since the first SimCity, and I have never had this much trouble!

Please help!

Message 101 of 267 (187,019 Views)

Re: my origin will not update my sims 4

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
Message 102 of 267 (296,403 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The error it gives me when the update gets to  93% is error: 196613:-7

HELP PLEASE?!!

Message 103 of 267 (118,186 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had this same issue as well after taken 2 days to installed

Message 104 of 267 (118,250 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Every time I think I'll play the SIMS I have trouble with updating Origin and the game.  What's the point, by the time I've made it work I don't have time to play it anymore!  I was going to buy the Get to Work expansion pack today but I've now decided I'm not going to bother!!

Message 105 of 267 (118,186 Views)

★★★ Novice

I cant get into my sims 4 becauseShocked it just wont update i am happy i am not the only one having this issue hope they find a cure!!

Message 106 of 267 (118,157 Views)

★★ Novice
I tried the clean boot but now my laptop has no internet...
Message 107 of 267 (118,129 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok so I had this issue too, it would not download at all and kept saying update failed but I managed to fix it. I found the problem to be the Sims 4 was classed as open in my task manager so I forced closed it (just the sims 4, not origin) and tried updating again and it worked.

Open Windows Task Manager, (Ctrl+Shift+Esc)

Click on The Sims 4 and right click, then press End Process. 

I found there were more than one Sims 4 file open so make sure you close them all, if it does not work the first time try it again. It works for me Standard smile

I hope this helps

Message 108 of 267 (118,087 Views)

★★ Novice

I've tried this too, exact same thing happened to me. Anyone done something that does work?

Message 109 of 267 (118,079 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Frown im having the same problem with my sims4 this been going on for over 3weeks now my sims4 still wont update i deleted the game and reinstall it but it still does'nt work ): all its giving me is "the game you are trying to load was saved to a newer version of the sims4" 

Message 110 of 267 (118,063 Views)