Re: WON'T LET ME PLAY THE SIMS 4?!

by SantaFeAtBay

Original Post

Re: Origin won't update my sims 4 - CAN'T PLAY IT NOW!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

heatherashby give my more details regarding your problem to help youConfusedmileywink:

Try this step in the first phase> make sure your internet connection is not running through a proxy.

Go to Internet Options in Control Panel > check the connections tab and make sure the proxy server is not checked. Check the internet settings again and you should be fine.

- updating your Origin client...to the latest Beta version /top left Origin menu, Application Settings - General..
- restart Origin and make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/#2

NOTE  after taking up steps, necessarily go  in your Origin client, right clicking and select Repair Game.

And give me a replyConfusedmileywink:

Retired champion.
Message 60 of 267 (12,371 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i've tried mostly everything you guys have said nothing has changed at all im really confused? 

Message 61 of 267 (9,119 Views)

I Know How To Fix It

★★★ Newbie

I did not really fix it but I just didnt play for like a month or two and it said to update the game and now it works again!!!

Message 62 of 267 (9,094 Views)

★★★ Newbie

when i try to update it it say finalizing update, and then it say update failed i tried deleting some stuff and it still does not work. can

somebody PLEASE HELP ME thanks.

Message 63 of 267 (9,091 Views)

WON'T LET ME PLAY THE SIMS 4?!

★★★ Newbie

I've had the sims 4 since last year, and for some reason when I got off of work today it magically isn't working!?
It lets me log into Origin and that's it. When I try to play the game it won't even let me highlight the "Play" button! So beyond irritated. I want answers as to why it isn't working and I want it fixed or else I want a full refund. I did not waste my money on something that only works for a little bit then decides to * out after a while. Also, WHY do you have to use Origin to play it?? I think that's kinda gimmicky. There should be no reason to download something else to my PC just to play a game that's on a disc that I already paid for. I want an answer ASAP by a CSR or someone else in the company or I'm demanding my money back.

Thank you.

Message 64 of 267 (44,187 Views)

★★★ Novice

For me, this happened after it was updating took a long time. So I exited Origin thinking it froze. When I went back to it, The same thing happened to me. It didn't highlight the play button. Everytime I right click repair game or check for update, it says it's all up to date. Clearly it's the new update that's messing everyone's game up.

Message 65 of 267 (44,101 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is an issue that i figured out was caused by that i had to little memory left.

Check how much stuff you have at your drive where you have the game installed. If you have a lot of space then tell me that, but if you have like 1 MB left you have found your issue.

Since for every little thing you do take more space at your drive you have to have lots of space at that drive.

Message 66 of 267 (44,065 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It took two days for Sims 4 Go to Work to load, and I know it was Origin speed not mine because my internet was working great. I kept getting online option for Origin not available when I tried to sign onto orgiin, so they were def having problems.

After a two day headache of loading, the game is now unplayable? Wow. Just a greyed out Play button, nothing downloading. Just nothing. And it's Sunday, so no chat.

Message 67 of 267 (44,044 Views)

★★★ Newbie

update suck it won't let me play for the same exact reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am mad!!!!!!

Message 68 of 267 (44,038 Views)

★★ Novice

Why has no one sorted this problem!? Its absolutely disgusting! We've paid our money and its enough to not want to buy another sims game again, or use origin. Theres clearly alot of other people with this issue, I myself have been trying all day to fix it but with no luck. Its clearly a EA or origin issue, why should we pay for products we cant use? I never experience issues like this with my steam games and im always having to log back in to origin when i select 'remember me' its getting beyond a joke now.

Message 69 of 267 (44,028 Views)