Re: Origin won't update my sims 4 - CAN'T PLAY IT NOW!!

by cocojam88

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
I had the exact same problem. My husband said "why don't you try restarting your computer?" I did and now it works. It was that simple. Hope it works for you!
Message 10 of 267 (144,710 Views)

Community Manager

Indeed, fortunately a restart is sometimes all that's needed. Standard smile

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 11 of 267 (12,552 Views)

★ Novice

I have uninstalled Origin re-installed, then restarted my PC and still it give me the same error code that has been reported above.  I really dont want to unistall the game for my wife as she has losts and lots of custom made stuff and will lose all of it if i do that and there is no guarantee that it will work.  any further suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Message 12 of 267 (12,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
(those who have problems with saved games) save the game while playing before the sims 4 shut down. Then exit to the main menu . Then exit the game.Next time you play, there won't be any" saved in newer version. update blah blah" of course if the game shuts down every three hours, then you have to play with limit. however, you can resume the game once you have exited.It works 4 me even if my game is out of date version
Message 13 of 267 (12,450 Views)

★★★ Novice
So what you do is smash up your computer then re install it should work
Message 14 of 267 (12,430 Views)

★ Novice

Kelly:you need to right click on the game on orgin >>> repair game. worked for me

When i went to do so, the option to click "Repair game" was faded out and won't  let me click it

Message 15 of 267 (12,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie
All this BS just to play a game!! Update error, update required. Wtf! It should be as simple as it used to be. Glad I didn't buy it. Won't EVER purchase or have anyone purchase the sims again. I've lost hope.
Message 16 of 267 (12,076 Views)

★ Novice
I have tried everything you are telling me to do but the **bleep** game won't play even after 4 months. Waste of money. Worst game, company and experience I have ever had. This problem should have been solved before it was released considering it took so long to be released.
Message 17 of 267 (12,028 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having this same problem.
Message 18 of 267 (11,958 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I just restarted my computer & it started working again! The laptop im using for sims 4 is old, like Dell 2009 so im guessing if restarting works on mine, it'll probably work on yours too Standard smile 

Message 19 of 267 (11,939 Views)