my game says details instead of play

by Mikaylad7088

Original Post

my game says details instead of play

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I haven't played sims in a while on my mac computer but lately I have been wanting to play. So i redownloaded origin and signed into my account. I clicked on my game library then clicked on the sims game I have and instead of it saying play it says details. 

HELP

Message 1 of 8 (1,409 Views)

Re: my game says details instead of play

@Mikaylad7088  Try running the Origin reset tool for Macs:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If that doesn't help, please clarify which Sims game you play (it sounds like Sims 4, but confirmation would be helpful).  And please also list the specs of your computer, as described in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (1,394 Views)

detail instead of play

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am on mac and i tried to gon origin and i saw it was 75% off and i was like hell yeah. so i bought it and it said "new" on the top and then it just said details instead of play. I tried to go to play it through the finder but it just teleported to origin.. what do i do?

Message 3 of 8 (340 Views)

Re: detail instead of play

@MiaDensie 

Is it showing in your Origin games library?

Which version of macOS are you running?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 8 (323 Views)

SIMS 4 - Packs Showing "Details" instead of "Play"

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? not sure what they mean by this or where to find the info. I have the latest update from August 9th 2022
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the Expansion, game and stuff packs. Except for the Wedding and Wolf packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ...
What happens when the bug occurs? ....
What do you expect to see? ....
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. ................

Wondering if anyone here can help me. Not sure what else I should do.

I’ve tried everything and looked this up on google and EA forums but I’m still having issues😫.

I have never had this issue before until the stupid Sims4 big update. ( I play sims on a MacBook )

What I did :

1. All of my packs are showing in the game except for a few of the Expansion packs are showing ”Details" instead of "Play". I've attached a picture to show a few of the packs including the High School pack not working.

2. I  updated my game twice ( I have the most recent one)
3.  I've completely deleted ( removed all the files ) and reinstalled Origin 3 times and restated my Mac.
4. I have uninstalled all the game packs and the Sims 4 ( with all the files ) started from fresh "Vanilla" and reinstalled them. Did this 3 times 

5. Removed any catch related to the game.

6. Macbook software is MacOS Monterey version12.5  ( I've played Sims with this version and had no issue) 

7. Mods are turned off. Actually, I don't even have them in the game at the moment. 

I bought all my games from Origin and I only have one Origin account.
I'm so frustrated and irritated. I've tried to resolve this for a week now. Not sure what else I should do.

This is the first time this has ever happened.

Message 5 of 8 (442 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I know this post is a few years old, but I recently bought a new MacBook Air 15" and had this same issue. Using the reset tool did the job. Thank you for this! 

Message 6 of 8 (234 Views)

@whatsausernamex

The reset tool is possibly the most useful thing EA have ever produced for us Mac users Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 8 (178 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

It really is! I’ve been alternating between a windows gaming desktop and my Macs and my newest MBA is the only one I’ve been having issues with. All my others have been fine and I completely forgot about the reset tool since my others are working as they should be. Only issue I have now (I’m not trying to hijack the thread) is the origin window constantly refreshing when I check off keep me signed in. Not a huge deal, just glad my games are working again! 

Message 8 of 8 (166 Views)