Re: my email was hacked

by kabouki1965

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my email was hacked

★★★ Newbie

My email got hacked and AOL deleted it before they could get into any of my linked accounts. But my ea account was linked to that email so I tried to change my email on ea but every time I try to log in it says I need a verification code from my email but I can't get that code because of the email was deleted. I've tried EA support twice and they have denied me access because I can't remember the items because I stopped playing 360 and it unlinked when I switched consoles

Message 1 of 3 (552 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @justdd65 if you no longer have access to the email on the account then the best thing to do is take a look at this help article and fill out the account recovery form: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (434 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
Hi @justdd65.

You need to understand that they cannot give you access to an account if you don't provide enough information which can clearly indicate you are the owner.

Imagine that you have an account, you haven't played for some months and you come back and EA granted someone else the right to use your account when you were the legitimate owner. How would you feel? And this because someone with some knowledge of you and your gaming activity could just reach them claiming that he was the owner.

So if the proof is not strong enough, I am afraid you cannot recover your account. You need to think of something strong enough to provide as evidence. Next time you will not forget to keep your information regarding account ownership safe. (This is valid for any gaming platform, I almost lost ownership of a Steam account some 20 years ago because I didn't remember some of the recovery data needed).
Message 2 of 3 (512 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @justdd65 if you no longer have access to the email on the account then the best thing to do is take a look at this help article and fill out the account recovery form: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (435 Views)