Re: Account disabled

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my account has been disabled?

★★★ Newbie

For some reason at about 2:30am (sydney timezone) last night my origin account was disabled/banned. I there is no explanation as to why whether i was hacked or anything and i want to play games with my friends, hoping to get some sort of answer here, thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 13 (2,024 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my account has been disabled?

Community Manager

Hey @Bejuminati for issues with banned accounts you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (1,956 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Bejuminati for issues with banned accounts you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 13 (1,957 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issues here on Prince Edward Island , Canada!

Message 3 of 13 (1,908 Views)

Account disabled

★★★ Newbie

I was logging in on my account and I got a message account disabled, what has happen

Message 4 of 13 (1,884 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @bamaboy1963 and @leardallan, can you share the error that you are seeing?

If your account is invalid due to not being able to log in then you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 13 (1,874 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi EA_Darko

I also have the same issue of Origin advising I have a disabled, suspended or banned account.  I have no idea why this would be the case as I have not breached any terms of use whatsoever.

Both the Origin client on PC and the Origin web portal advise my account is disabled so it is not a local PC issue.

I have followed the recommended steps multiple times to create a support case and I have received a case ID # displayed onscreen however I have never received an e-mail notification or reply and the cases do not display under My Cases or past case history, which is very odd.

You recommend using phone or chat options to contact support and I would love to engage in a live troubleshooting session with EA Support to get this resolved once and for all but unfortunately contacting the phone support number has a recorded message advising to go to help.ea.com instead and the Chat option appears to have been removed from all contact method selection screens that I have seen.  I do not know if this is a side effect of having a banned or disabled account but it is extremely frustrating to not be able to contact and get support.

I have spent a not insignificant amount of money on EA games and expansions, all of which I am currently unable to access due to unwarranted and incorrect banning of my account.

Please provide an alternative contact method, preferably a working URL to a live chat interface, so this issue can be investigated and resolved.

Many thanks

Message 6 of 13 (1,843 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LunaWIld The guy didn't even reply?
Message 7 of 13 (1,705 Views)

★★★ Novice

@b9m0b Sadly still no reply or assistance from EA. It is now six months later and I'm still unable to login to Origin and access my games. Unfortunately after repeated attempts to obtain a fair and reasonable level of service from EA it appears the only option is to now contact the local consumer commission to lodge a complaint. There are a number of similar posts from customers with accounts that have been suspended seemingly without cause and the lack of a root cause investigation and concerted effort from EA to find a resolution for loyal customers is simply mind boggling.

Message 8 of 13 (1,569 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @LunaWIld when posting on AHQ and wishing to get a CMs attention we would recommend using the tagging system, we get a lot of replies every day and it can happen that one is missed.

If your account has been suspended or banned then you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

3. Choose your platform.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 13 (1,564 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko 

Thanks for the reply.  I have attempted multiple times to create support cases for this issue.  When I have filled in the web form and submitted the cases I have received a case # each time however when I view the My Cases page in my account/profile no new case is listed.  The only case in my case history is an old, unrelated, support case from 2015.

Now many months later I have once again tried to create a new support case and followed the exact steps that you provided in your most recent post to the letter.  Again, I received a new case ID # but checking my cases does not list the new case - just the one old case as mentioned above.

There is no live chat support, calling the local EA support line number just plays a message advising no phone contact is available (has been this way for months) and refers the caller to the EA Help web page.

If the AHQ team are unable to help and always advise to use the web form to contact the TOS team but then the web form process fails to create the case, there is no live chat available, there is no phone support available - what is a customer to do?  EA are making it impossibly difficult to get a fair and reasonable level of support for a purchased product and quite frankly it does nothing to promote customer confidence in the brand.

Please use your next post to rebuild customer confidence and work with your internal community support team at HQ to get this case created and escalated to the appropriate team member who can take ownership and see it through to resolution.  It is clear the boilerplate responses are not working and the EA Help support process is broken and not helping some customers get resolutions to their recurrent issues.

Your willingness to take the above feedback on board, review EA Help support processes and resolve a long standing issue for a long standing customer will be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Message 10 of 13 (1,424 Views)