Re: msvcp140.dll cant install origin

by LirraFlirra

Original Post

★★ Novice
@wiesella omg it worked. I install the 64 and 86 file. then it began the install. your instructions were correct.
Message 21 of 40 (1,391 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Thanks you too Standard smile
I didnt have that 84 xd
thx very much-
Message 22 of 40 (1,331 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent / I've tried everything that was suggested. Both packages have also been installed and i'm still getting the same message.
Message 23 of 40 (1,196 Views)

Community Manager

@deedeet1 

Are you getting the same error regarding msvcp140.dll when you try installing the Origin client, or is it a different error? Also, could you share a DxDiag here when you've got the chance so we can take a look? 

For more information on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 24 of 40 (1,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi..!

I maybe Late.... Here is the solve. Go to this Download the Zip file and Extract to your PC. Then go to your C: drive >> Windows >> sysWOW64 (Paste those 2 files you just download) and process to install your Origin.

Don't worry... It's not a virus. TRUST ME.

(Removed link, only link to first party sites) - Atic 

Message 25 of 40 (1,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@ea 

it's 2020 damn near 2021, just package the damn thing with your installer and do an if|diff. Or ya know drop this dumb-butt origin client and just use native via steam for pc....

Message 26 of 40 (993 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent
I searched thru c++ then reached :
https://support.microsoft.com/tr-tr/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

then downloaded
x86: vc_redist.x86.exe
now it worked thru dll problem
fyi
Message 27 of 40 (923 Views)

Re: Unable to download Origin's client.

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent Thanks so much you are a GOD I been working on this error for hours with a splitting migraine and finally got it to work thanks to you
Message 28 of 40 (904 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent but how do I update?
Message 29 of 40 (723 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @LirraFlirra

Are you trying to install the Visual C++ Redistributables? You should be able to download them directly from the Microsoft Support website. There are links on that article for the x64 and x86 versions. I'd recommend installing them both. 

Let me know if you're still having any trouble after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 30 of 40 (693 Views)