missing PROFSAVE profile

by Lawx_0

Original Post

missing PROFSAVE profile

★ Novice

hi im new to battlefield 5 unfortunately im unable to launch the game as in the settings folder im missing the PROFSAVE profile  i have exactly zero idea how to create or get one

Message 1 of 13 (6,393 Views)

Re: missing PROFSAVE profile

Community Manager

Hey @Lawx_0 have you started the game yet?

If it is not thereafter starting the game then it could be a Windows permissions issue?

It's also no harm performing a clean boot to ensure that it is not a case of something on your system blocking it: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 13 (6,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

hi i attempted a clean boot however it didn't seem to work i just found out that my video card is below minimum specs so i imagine that this would be the reason why the file failed to be created

though this is a bit strange as i had bf v installed on my computer previously and was able to get to the main menu with the PROFSAVE profile file being generated yet for some reason when i re installed BF V the PROFSAVE profile file is missing and the game instantly crashes upon launch.

Message 3 of 13 (6,334 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Lawx_0 if your GPU does not meet the requirements then you will be unable to run the game.

I'm also pretty sure that the file is not created will you first run the game. It may have been a case that in the past you ran the game and launched it creating the file. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 13 (6,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko well I do meet the system requirements and I still have the same issue. I played the game when it first came out and uninstalled due to poor performance, but I got a bunch of new parts to play but I have no PROFSAVE_profile folder in order to turn off DX12 cause that causes me issues on other games. You need the PROFSAVE_profile folder in order to launch the game in the first place, and I can't even launch the game.
Message 5 of 13 (5,875 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko I have PROFSAVE_profile_synced but there is nothing in the file, I also have PROFSAVE, PROFSAVE_backup, PROFSAVE_backup_profile_synced but nothing inside of those files either.
Message 6 of 13 (5,874 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@ilrubyy me too did u fix?
Message 7 of 13 (5,608 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @HIJINXPHOZZY and @ilrubyy what troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 13 (5,595 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have had this issue where i can't open bf5 through EA or Origin, they both just sync the game then nothing happens and it doesn't open. I really need help, also i cant open the PROFSAVE_profile, ive done heaps of troubleshooting and nothing works, @EA_Darko 

Message 9 of 13 (5,434 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having this issue with battlefield 2042, the profsave and profsave_profile files are not there. Its causing me issues with settings saving ever match and also im having to do the tutorial every time i load the game. I have done a clean system boot multiple times and also attempted to verify integrity of game files and for some reason it just does not show up. 

Message 10 of 13 (4,997 Views)