Re: may anyone send me the link to change my ea email

by EA_Darko

Original Post

may anyone send me the link to change my ea email

★ Novice

i need help i had an email it was deactivated so i no longer have access to it. i’ve already filled up the web form that advisors send the link of. its been more than 72 hours and no link has been sent. may anyone send it please?

Message 1 of 8 (857 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @hamzehkasim

If you don’t have access to the one you used to create your account? You can swap emails from one account to another.

If you’ve changed your email address, you can update it by clicking Edit next to Basic Information in your About Me settings on ea.com.

You can also add a secondary email address to your account. A secondary email helps you reset your password if you’re locked out of your EA Account and primary email address.

1. Find the Secondary Email section of your EA Account Security tab.
  2. Click Add Secondary Email.
  3. Enter an email address different from the one registered to your EA Account.
  4. Log in to that email address and find the security code email sent from us.
  5. Enter your security code in the EA Account settings verification window.

Once set up, your secondary email will receive the same password reset instructions and confirmations when using Forgot Your Password? as your primary email address.

NOTE more details here ;

Spoiler

Update your email address:

1. To change your email address, go to our Help Center at https://help.ea.com and log in with your Origin account in the top right corner. If you were already logged in with your account here on Answer HQ, you should be recognized and logged in automatically.

2. Click on "Manage your Account" in the side bar, this will open the account management section:

changeemail.JPG

3. Now select "Change Email Address".

changeemail2.JPG

4. In your My Account: About Me settings, select Edit next to Basic Information, enter your Security Answer, and update your email address. If you do not remember the answer to your security question you will have to contact a Game Advisor at https://help.ea.com/contact-us for further assistance.

originemail1.JPG

originemail2.JPG

You'll be sent an email to verify the change. Once confirmed, you'll be set, just remember to login with your new account details next time!

Should you receive an "Invalid email address" error message, this usually means that the address is either in use on another account or it's not a proper email format. Please try a different email address or contact a Game Advisor at https://help.ea.com/contact-us for further assistance. 

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 8 (847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@yahel_1the problem is i do not have access to the yahoo email i made my account with so i cant go into the ea email ive made in the past

Message 3 of 8 (835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@hamzehkasim you can change your email in Origin by editing your Basic Information in your EA Account and Billing settings.

Now log in to your main EA Account and change the email to your main one.

• That means log into the account with your games on it. The email on that account will probably be something old or one that you don’t use anymore. Then, change the email to be [edit: email address removed]!

Once you’ve updated your email address, EA send you an email asking you to verify it. Click the link in the email to verify that you made the change.

You can not follow the steps above ( click Spoiler to see how), or what is happening  Wondering mate ?

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 8 (827 Views)

★ Novice

@yahel_1 how am i supposed to log in to my main account if the email was deactivated from yahoo themselves so i cant log in

Message 5 of 8 (810 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Aaa @hamzehkasim  Raised eyebrow then  the only way is again you need to contact EA Help for support https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

Retired champion.
Message 6 of 8 (803 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

Had the same problem, I paid for a vault subscription for 1 year in advanced, my email domain is no longer available and their support engineers are analyzing it for more than a weak. I used my account not for a week, than it`s good. I think they still want to pay them further for the subscription that i cannot use. By the way on another platform this issue was solved in less than an hour. 

Thank you very much EA Support team,

I hope you analyze it in no hurry, an maybe next year you will have some questions for me and hope to continue to use your services.

Best Regards,

A customer that was too naive.

Message 7 of 8 (761 Views)

Community Manager

@GeorgeTonelli You will need to speak to our live support advisers in relation to this, if you do not have access to the email on your account and as such are unable to verify your ownership of the account then you may run into issues. It is your responsibility to ensure that your details are correct and to make changes to things such as the email if you are changing your primary email address.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat

/darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (738 Views)