is it possible to play fifa 21 on pc with xbox controller

by Dannygarcia10

Original Post

is it possible to play fifa 21 on pc with xbox controller

★★ Novice

hello guys so ive been having a problem trying to play fifa 21 on my pc with a xbox remote, the controller behaves like its always pointing up in the menus but in game it reacts normal. not sure about whats going on ???

Message 1 of 11 (13,006 Views)

Re: is it possible to play fifa 21 on pc with xbox controller

Community Manager

Hey @Dannygarcia10 can you ensure that any other controller inputs or USB devices are plugged out and then launch the game again to see if you see the same issue?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 11 (12,971 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I found a solution as I had this issue as well

you have to launch fifa with the controller already  connected and if it has the controller buttons as the selections for menu items etc not the pc keys you can play with it 

Message 3 of 11 (12,922 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko The only thing connected is the keyboard and the controller, still acting erratic
Message 4 of 11 (12,917 Views)

★★ Novice
@NOVA_0PTICS_ Yeah that’s what I do, it shows a and b as the options so I think it’s on controller default but still not working
Message 5 of 11 (12,916 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Dannygarcia10 if the mouse + keyboard are connected as well as the controller then after launching the game can you try disconnecting the  mouse + keyboard and then use the controller only to see if you see the same issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 11 (12,904 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Yes I have tried that same issue
Message 7 of 11 (12,890 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ive got same issues. Could play the opening UCL game fine then as soon as its in main menu, it moves all the way down bottom left and nothing will stop it. as if im holding the analogue stick there but not. 

Message 8 of 11 (12,770 Views)

★ Novice

when you launch the game and the screen says press any key to continue, just tap A on your xbox controller instead of pressing your keyboard or mouse button. then the game will register that you are using a controller.

Message 9 of 11 (11,998 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@tks-Frenchy007 Me to does any one know the solution
Message 10 of 11 (11,347 Views)