Re: i suddenly can't connect to Origin server on a Mac

by fl1pp3rr

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
@T1224T Please go through the link, I believe it will help you in fixing the issue.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Mac-Origin-Connection-and-Library-Issues/m-p/8...
Message 11 of 28 (1,649 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue, haven't been able to access games for 3-4 weeks.  Have dealt with technical support twice now and have been told it's an issue with the latest Mac OS, yet every time they tell me they have a surefire thing that will work (which involves me clearing cache, deleting Origin and re-installing) and, surprise, still no dice.  Really unimpressed that this is still ongoing.

Message 12 of 28 (1,596 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@snowblinders May I know the OS you are using on your mac?
Message 13 of 28 (1,569 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yosemite, Version 10.10.5

Message 14 of 28 (1,546 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@snowblinders Legacy version for the Origin Client will fix the issue.
https://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download/legacy

Please make sure you uncheck the auto update for Origin client and Games while you are installing the Legacy version of the Origin client.
Message 15 of 28 (1,511 Views)

★ Apprentice

Is anyone else still experiencing this issue I'm getting worried cause its been over a week at this point. 

Message 16 of 28 (1,483 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey y’all I have been having this problem for a while now. The solution is go to system settings, click the network icon. Once in network click proxies then disable SOCKS PROXY and then click ok. Save settings. Then it’ll let u log in like before. 

Message 17 of 28 (1,445 Views)

★★★ Novice

My first issue was I was stuck in offline mode and couldn’t use the app, so I’d use the website, annoying but no big deal. Then I reset Origin like I was instructed and now it “can’t connect to the server” meaning I can’t play from the app or the website. The only game in my library is the sims and I haven’t downloaded anything new lately, only the update 

Message 18 of 28 (1,403 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 19 of 28 (1,382 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The proxy removal worked!! Thank you so much!!

Message 20 of 28 (1,326 Views)