Re: i suddenly can't connect to Origin server on a Mac

by joshiemariesam

Original Post

Accepted Solution

i suddenly can't connect to Origin server on a Mac

★★★ Newbie

I've cleared, re-downloaded, everything...still won't connect to the server. 

VERY Frustrating given I've paid a lot of money for games I now suddenly can't play. It worked fine on Oct 28, now just keep getting message i can't connect to the server.

Message 1 of 28 (13,769 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @jsmontalvo. Generally, these issues are easy enough to fix and the fastest and best thing to do is to take a look at and try the steps listed in this link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/td-p/537165...

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 28 (13,713 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @jsmontalvo. Generally, these issues are easy enough to fix and the fastest and best thing to do is to take a look at and try the steps listed in this link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/td-p/537165...

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 28 (13,714 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have just purchsed Islnd Living and am experiencing similar issues. The pack wouldn't appear in my downloands so I walked through all the troubleshooting steps including clearing the cache, resetting origin and then completely deleting and redownloading origin. Now I don't have any games in my Origin client and can't download them because I get a message that says the servers are currently down and to try again later. I've spoken to a representative via chat and then via call over 12 hours later and one told me that the servers were down for everyone (not true) and the next told me it was a Mac user issue the developers are working on but they have no time frame for a solution. I also don't buy this as my sister is in the same household, on the same interenet connection, and also on a Mac and has no trouble connecting or playing. Only difference is she didnt purchase Island Living. Are there any other troubleshooting solutions or alternatives for support people have found helpful? I'm not impressed with the support so far and I am a generally patient person, lol. I just don't like being fed generic lines as a "solution". 

Message 3 of 28 (12,528 Views)

★★ Novice

Im in the same boat that you are. Doesn't have time for this *!!!

Message 4 of 28 (12,526 Views)

@t1224t and @joshiemariesam  There are various Origin issues currently affecting a number of Mac users.  EA is aware of the issue and has requested Origin log files from anyone willing to provide them.  More information is in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Mac-Origin-Connection-and-Library-Issues/m-p/7...

It would be a huge help if you could upload your logs to a post in that thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 28 (12,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same!! are you till having the issue?

Message 6 of 28 (12,399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue, right after I purchased island living. Smh. And I am getting the same BS excuses!!! 

Message 7 of 28 (12,376 Views)

Message 8 of 28 (12,366 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey! Just had the same issue. Downloaded IL and when I log into Origin, it says it can't reach the servers, yada yada yada. I just checked my proxys on mac and saw a sockys proxy that was interfering with loading. Go to the web address here:https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/td-p/537165... and click on Disable Proxy Settings. Follow that and then login into the desktop origin. It should work now.

Message 9 of 28 (12,342 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@T1224T I've been having this issue for awhile now, I also play on a Mac but I haven't gotten any expansion packs recently. I haven't been able to play for a about 3 weeks now. Ive done everything the same as you. Do you still have the issue?
Message 10 of 28 (12,162 Views)