Re: how to download origin on hp laptop

by Puplanet

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how to download origin on hp laptop

★★★ Newbie

I really love my Sims 4 game I am only 11 years old and I need help downloading origin on my pc because my mom said that I cant play it on her work computer so that I can play my favorite game in the whole wide world so what should I do?

Message 1 of 20 (52,813 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Puplanet ChromeOS and Android are not supported by any game developed for PC and consoles. The only games that you can run on ChromeOS and Android are the ones developed specifically for those Operating Systems. 

Sims 4 works on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 and MacOS X 10.7.5 (Lion) or higher. So there isn't anything that you can do. You need a laptop/desktop PC that has one of those OS. Chromebooks weren't meant for heavy gaming. They are meant for browsing the web, mobile gaming, watching movies or listening music. They are also not meant for work, as the hardware found in the Chromebooks isn't up to such a task.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 6 of 20 (51,781 Views)

All Replies

https://www.origin.com

should be a link to the app, simply go there, follow the directions and it should install.  Once you install Origin, log into it with your user ID that has Sims unlocked on it and if the laptop is good enough, it will install the game and allow you to play.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 20 (52,772 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having some issues with the download of orgin. my computer is a HP laptop and for some reason it dosen't give me the option to download. i tired many other ways of dowloading it but it wont work! please help me.

Message 3 of 20 (52,648 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@7luna_moon7 wrote:

I am having some issues with the download of orgin. my computer is a HP laptop and for some reason it dosen't give me the option to download. i tired many other ways of dowloading it but it wont work! please help me.

@7luna_moon7 Here you should be able to download latest version of origin: https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download 

Message 4 of 20 (52,627 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

That link doesn't work anymore, is it even possible to download origin onto an hp laptop? I'm trying to download the sims 4 too onto my hp chromebook but origins claims not to support this operating system. Is there anything I can do?

Message 5 of 20 (51,720 Views)

@Puplanet ChromeOS and Android are not supported by any game developed for PC and consoles. The only games that you can run on ChromeOS and Android are the ones developed specifically for those Operating Systems. 

Sims 4 works on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 and MacOS X 10.7.5 (Lion) or higher. So there isn't anything that you can do. You need a laptop/desktop PC that has one of those OS. Chromebooks weren't meant for heavy gaming. They are meant for browsing the web, mobile gaming, watching movies or listening music. They are also not meant for work, as the hardware found in the Chromebooks isn't up to such a task.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 6 of 20 (51,782 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie
Thanks~ I just wanted that confirmed!
Message 7 of 20 (51,672 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just got an HP Pavilion X360. I was able to download origin just fine,. but when I open it to download my paid for Sims 4 and all my expansions, stuff packs exct... The page is blank?

Message 8 of 20 (48,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have an Hp Envy x360 and this exact thing is happening to me. 

Message 9 of 20 (48,630 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@NewNiyaBack I realized that in order to download Origin, you have to have 1ghz(Gigahertz) Processor and 512mb(Megabytes) of RAM. my laptop only has 4mb of RAM, so it won't work for me. try looking for how much RAM you have on your laptop through settings.

Message 10 of 20 (39,358 Views)