how do i link my steam and origin accounts

★★★ Newbie

i need to know

that's all

i cant find it

Message 1 of 29 (192,771 Views)

Re: how do i link my steam and origin accounts

★★★★ Guide

Only if you bought Fallen Order from Steam for now, you should get the account linking when you launch the game.

Message 2 of 29 (192,669 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @dragon_Master298 if you are playing STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order on Steam then you can link your Steam and Origin account by following the steps in this help article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars-jedi/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order/star-wars-jedi-fallen-orde...

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 29 (192,664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

That guide sadly doesn't tell you how to actually launch it through Steam -> Origin. It just tells you to launch the game through Steam and then sign in on Origin when it opens up. That however does not launch the game. That only brings up a new Origin window telling you that you need to activate "unidentified game" first to play it, asking for a product key. Steam does not provide such a product key when purchasing the game.

Message 4 of 29 (188,829 Views)

★★ Novice

I got the same problem with Dragon Age 2 rn.. 

Message 5 of 29 (182,197 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Labargoth are you trying to redeem your code to Origin?

I linked my accounts when I got the game and don't recall being asked for a product code. I just had to enter my Origin account details. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 29 (180,185 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Activate "unidentified game" issue for Origin games bought through Steam usually happen if you have active VPN on your system.

Shut down the VPN then restart both Origin & Steam then run the game from Steam, a window to link Steam account to Origin account will pop and then you can play the game.

However if you don't have VPN then so far I can only suggest "Run as Administrator" both Origin & Steam

Message 7 of 29 (180,170 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@N7_A_M_R_Egypt I don't have VPN and I've tried running as administrator already.
Message 8 of 29 (159,449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@LabargothMy friend has the same problem for The Sims 4 I would like to know how to link your Steam account

Message 9 of 29 (155,475 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

"Activate "unidentified game" issue for Origin games bought through Steam usually happen if you have active VPN on your system.

Shut down the VPN then restart both Origin & Steam then run the game from Steam, a window to link Steam account to Origin account will pop and then you can play the game.

However if you don't have VPN then so far I can only suggest "Run as Administrator" both Origin & Steam"

I have an active VPN on. I disconnected from the VPN, restarted steam and origin as you said, but I am still having the same issue.

https://i.imgur.com/YJTK5j1.gifv

Message 10 of 29 (154,845 Views)