help api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is not letting me download origin

by hellaaserg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

help api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is not letting me download origin

★★★★★ Newbie

i have recently refreshed my computer but keeping all my files (it uninstalled origin, sims 4,sims3, etc.), i did this because my computer started to run slow, when i went to go download origin again it was going fine until it said "updating the latest version of origin" at first it said mscvp 140.dll then msvcr120.dll however once i downloaded the 2015-2019 64x and 86 vscredit it worked  but now it tells me api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0-dll (yes i have downloaded vscredit 86x and 64x 2013, 2015-2019) i have uninstalled origin like 10 times and reinstalled  HELP PLEASE it been 10 hours now and nothing works please i just want to play the sims 4                i have windows 8.1 and its 64 and i have mcafee for my security

Message 1 of 6 (572 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: help api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is not letting me download origin

Community Manager

Hey @hellaaserg this issue can be caused by an outdated VC++ installation. It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Darko
Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (544 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie
@hellaaserg (windows 8.1 64bit system) and yes i have update my computer beause its been up to date before i refreshed it
Message 2 of 6 (562 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@hellaaserg now its saying runtime and now HEAP api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll
Message 3 of 6 (553 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @hellaaserg this issue can be caused by an outdated VC++ installation. It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Darko
Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (545 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko hey can u help me i cant install origin becuase of this 140 dll error
Message 5 of 6 (463 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @kpkeane25 can you try the steps I posted above as they should get you sorted.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (442 Views)