Re: game is not updating

by crinrict

Original Post

game is not updating

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? current after 6/19/19 update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to update the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Get a verifying game screen and nothing happens, Get a message telling that the servers are not working and to try again in a few moments, have been trying for 3 hours
What do you expect to see? The files being verified and the game updated
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current from the last update on 6/19/19
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go on to Origin and try to update the game
What happens when the bug occurs? I get a message telling me that the game is unable to verify the game files and to try again in a few moments. Have been trying for 2 hours
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to update
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 1 of 3 (205 Views)

Hero
@JUSTBECAZ Moved this to the Origin forum as it sounds more like an issue with Origin then the game itself

Is it still not working for you ?

If it's not, could you check if your security software isn't blocking the connection ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (176 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @JUSTBECAZ I've seen users fix this issue in the past by trying the following steps:

• Open you control panel.
  • Select Internet options.
  • Click the connections tab and at the bottom of the window click on LAN SETTINGS.
  • Make sure that you uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
  • Click Apply.
  • Close Origin and restart your System.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (174 Views)