Re: error 14:-1

by d_ziertir

Original Post

Re: Error code 14:-1

@Holger1405KingHemp This is the answer that worked!!!
Message 81 of 101 (1,905 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@subodhk_01 standalone installer worked for me. Thanks!
Message 82 of 101 (1,867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This could also be caused by using certain VPNs. I assume Origin is trying to uniquely identify you, for "your personal benefit" of course, and anything that anonymizes you goes against their business model even after you hand them money. If so, shady and disgraceful, but not unexpected. This is just my guess, no facts here, so take it or leave it. 

I've verified that using expressVpn and NordVpn (at least for the 4 VPN servers I tested), will cause this error, while immediately disconnecting made things work. Connecting again once again caused the error. 

Message 83 of 101 (1,827 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@gravy2142 Turned my VPN off and magically Origin did not have the error!!!!
Message 84 of 101 (1,808 Views)

@gravy2142 

EA can "uniquely identify" you by the Origin software on your computer.

A VPN will not prevent personal date being sent, it will just cloud the origin. (Pun intended)

Origin blocks VPN connection, if discovered, as well as Steam does btw, in regards to potential payment fraud, because the VPN can be used to simulate a foreign IP address.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 85 of 101 (1,801 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LuckInUsed use vpn,maybe you are in ban location
Message 86 of 101 (1,745 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

WTF? I have had this error for a couple weeks now and It had been working absolutely fine before that point, it has not been working properly since the last update, it would just crash when i open the client or if I tried to sign in when I managed to actually bring up the sign in interface. I uninstalled it thinking it's a bug or something and now I can't install it because of this same effor I was getting before i even uninstalled it. It worked fine a couple weeks ago, no anti virus or firewalls blocking it. I just put my VPN on and now it magically works, like I am IP banned or something.

Message 87 of 101 (1,639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

That's odd, turning on NordVPN actually fixed this error for me. Stupid, right?

Message 88 of 101 (1,638 Views)

Re: Error code 14:-1

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Message 89 of 101 (1,546 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I was apparently hacked and he had changed the registry files...

I noticed i was getting connection if i ran it through Safe Mode, but not on normal boot.

So i went to this website

[CM edit - Removed third-party download site. Please contact EA Help if this issue exists in the future.]

Message 90 of 101 (1,460 Views)