Re: error 14:-1

by RhapsodyRainbow

Original Post

@DamianTrent01 

Did you tried this version of the Origin installer, running the installer as Admin? (Right click the installer > Run as an Administrator)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 61 of 101 (2,119 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 62 of 101 (2,108 Views)

Re: Error code 14:-1

★★★ Newbie

You are a legend i have been stuck on this problem for so long thank you

Message 63 of 101 (2,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

use the standalone installer ( somwhat like an offline installer ), https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

this thing working for me.

Message 64 of 101 (1,892 Views)

★★★ Novice
For me (sorry for my English, i'm french) solution was: I use sometimes a VPN, you have to go to Device manager and under NETWORK i think (french it's:carte réseau) desactivate the name of your VPN. Like me i'm using sometimes Nord VPn so it's called TAPnord windows VPN V9. It works for me. See you in the Battlefield !
Message 65 of 101 (1,875 Views)

★★★ Novice
KingHemp: Your version of the Origin installer did the trick for me. The download from the Origin site was different from the one you referenced and didn't work. Thank you!
Message 66 of 101 (1,789 Views)

★ Novice

I've been attempting to fix this for so long, and this worked! Thank you so much! Everyone, download OriginSetup, not OriginThinSetup.

Message 67 of 101 (1,756 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks!  

I swear, I just installed Battle.Net, GoG.com, Steam...and of course this is what gave me the biggest headache.  All for one game (Mass Effect 3).  Despite how much it gets said, I'll say it again.  I hate you EA.  

Message 68 of 101 (1,694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the beta version, I installed it too. but when I want to log in there is a notification "You must be online when logging in for the first time." even though my internet is safe. is there a solution? thanks before

Message 69 of 101 (1,653 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for the tip! I couldn't get the Origin client to connect during the installation process, but fixed it by deactivating my NordVPN temporarily Standard smile

Message 70 of 101 (1,609 Views)