Re: Error code 14:-1

by Warluck

Original Post

Accepted Solution

error 14:-1

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

i got that error 14:-1 when trying to install origin is there a way to fix it?

Message 3 of 101 (88,247 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: error 14:-1

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@LuckInUsed

It appears that Origin is unable to update on your system. First, try uninstalling Origin and reinstalling via this link:

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/download

If that doesn't work, can you please check your system for any anti-malware, anti-virus and firewall programs? Make sure that Origin is allowed - I would also recommend running as administrator.

If the issue persists then a clean boot might also do the trick.

View in thread

Message 4 of 101 (100,254 Views)

All Replies

Error code 14:-1

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Message 1 of 101 (88,179 Views)

Community Manager

@sabannation17 Hi, can you try running the setup file as an administrator, and attempt the setup again? Right-click it to get this option. 

You can also check for any User Account Control notifications when you're doing this. You may want to set it to Always Notify, you can find a tutorial on this page. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17228/windows-protect-my-pc-from-viruses

Thanks.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 101 (88,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@LuckInUsed

It appears that Origin is unable to update on your system. First, try uninstalling Origin and reinstalling via this link:

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/download

If that doesn't work, can you please check your system for any anti-malware, anti-virus and firewall programs? Make sure that Origin is allowed - I would also recommend running as administrator.

If the issue persists then a clean boot might also do the trick.

Message 4 of 101 (100,255 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem and can't find any solution so far.  Something is preventing the installation of the client and there is too few information.

Sis there any know windows services that requires to be activated to have this work?

Message 5 of 101 (87,921 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@Warluck Could you please do a Clean Boot and restart your router? Then add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports and  make sure to run the set up file as Administrator

Let us know how this goes!

- Kristi

Message 6 of 101 (87,916 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, here's the situation.

I have two computers at home, one my main where I can't install the Origin Client and one, a laptop where I could go through the installation.

Both systems are using Windows 10, services looks like identical.  This should rule out any router issues.

I have tried the clean boot but to no avail.

I have disable Windows Firewall along with Defender (I have nothing else install it terms of fw and antivirus).

Don't know where to look at next!?

Message 7 of 101 (87,902 Views)

★★★ Novice

Workaround : Install Origin on the laptop, compress the installed forlder, copy on main computer, start Origin!

Message 8 of 101 (87,892 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nope. None of the works for me. it's an issue that has just arisen in last two days. Tried to connect my client, couldn't. Uninstalled and trying to re-install. Error 14:1 no matter what I do.
Still can open my profile in web browser, but not client. Can't even install the darned thing.

Message 9 of 101 (87,671 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Finally resolved....somehow. one of those little computer Gremlins that have appeared since the first PC. I had a nasty Gremlin back in the mid '90's who'd reset my 360 machine overnight while off - at the wall.

It is never a virus or malware issue by the way, support fellows. Viruses are actually so rare that PC technicians don't even have AV's installed on their home computers.

But what can happen, is an AV can blacklist a program, as it does quite happily with games based on the Unity Engine on the water-into-vapour client (which I won't name here). You have to whitelist your whole games folder to avoid issues.

Message 10 of 101 (87,346 Views)