Re: edi Fallen Order (purchased thru steam) crashes origin and doesnt launch

by Recon-Ryan

Original Post

edi Fallen Order (purchased thru steam) crashes origin and doesnt launch

★★★ Newbie

SW Jedi Fallen Order (purchased thru steam) crashes origin and doesnt launch. Have tried restarting PC, and verifying files on both Steam and Origin. Nothing. Any ideas what to try next? Reinstall origin since it seems to be origin's fault?

Message 1 of 11 (3,754 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is precisely why I wanted to buy it on Steam. I didn't want to deal with Origin's * like I am now. But it seems buying on steam was completely pointless! Lovely

Message 2 of 11 (3,737 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep, that's PRECISELY why I bought on Steam too. I thought it would install and launch smoothly on Steam. 

I've spent many months trying to get Origin to launch and run. I've tried EVERYTHING they say to do in the tech support forums and in the FAQs and NOTHING works. I run it in admin mode every time. I've put all the required permissions in my Windows firewall. I've uninstalled and reinstalled over and over and over. NOTHING works. 

Meanwhile, Steam and Ubisoft have NONE of these issues. Origin is complete garbage. 

Message 3 of 11 (3,695 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@javaguy418 You got that right. What a pain in my a$$. LAST TIME I make this mistake of buying an EA game again. This should be dead simple.
Message 4 of 11 (3,687 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any fixes for this? The game worked fine a few hours ago, but I had to reinstall. Now I'm having the same problem.

Message 5 of 11 (3,490 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try to repair the game through origin. It worked for me.

@MikeH155 wrote:

SW Jedi Fallen Order (purchased thru steam) crashes origin and doesnt launch. Have tried restarting PC, and verifying files on both Steam and Origin. Nothing. Any ideas what to try next? Reinstall origin since it seems to be origin's fault?

Message 6 of 11 (3,411 Views)

★ Novice

How do you even do this? I can't get a code from Steam to activate it on Origin. Normally the code appears when I launch the game, but not for this.

Are you maybe assuming that the person meant they purchased it through Origin and were trying to play through Steam? It's the other way around; they purchased on Steam and Origin crashed when they try to launch it (because for some god-forsaken reason the game uses Origin even when purchased through Steam).

I'm also having this problem and I'm confused at the lack of information online about it.

Message 7 of 11 (3,138 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I´ve played the game for 6+ hours. Now all of the sudden origin just keeps reboating after I try to lunch the game.
I´ve tried both installing via Origin and Steam so i got mad and formated and reinstalld Windows 10 after this I tried again installing first via Steam, (no luck) then via Orign. Still the exact same problem.
Origins "cloudsync" pops-up and it loads to 100%. Then origin just restarts, no error message or anything and the game doesn´t start.

I´m going crazy !!!

Message 8 of 11 (2,943 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exactly.. What garbage. This is why people pirate

Message 9 of 11 (2,685 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Do you run Sophos antivirus?  I had same symptoms until I added exclusions for the program,  i had to do it in both the local exclusions and the sophos cloud portal.  

Let me know if this is the case for you and I can help more if needed.

Message 10 of 11 (2,321 Views)