dragon age origins is greyed out

by mrorange72

Original Post

dragon age origins is greyed out

★★ Novice

Tried to install dragon age origins, it was already showing in my library, but greyed out.  after installing gave me an error that the license was wrong.  uninstalled the greyed out version did not go away.  now i can neither play or install the game.  tried clearing the cache and restarting everything.  just keeps showing that stupid greyed out version and won't let me play.  the app is super buggy 

Message 1 of 10 (922 Views)

Re: dragon age origins is greyed out

Community Manager

@mrorange72 Would you by any chance have previously installed the game from a disc, if you did would you mind uninstalling it. If not can you open your game library and go ahead and repair the game by click on it and selecting Repair. 

Generally, a greyed  out play button can be cleared by clearing the cache and a repair of the game, as such would you mind double checking that the steps you used to clear the cache are the same as below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Let me know if you get it working.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (899 Views)

★★ Novice
already did all those things,but did not delete the program files folder, but i did delete and reinstall origin. still greyed out, still no way to remove it. still no way to play it.
Message 3 of 10 (888 Views)

Community Manager

@mrorange72 You need to delete everything it says to, can you try it again and ensure that everything is deleted.

Also, you mentioned an error you see, could you share the full message with me if possible.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 10 (886 Views)

★★ Novice
that error was wrong license when i installed it the first time and had 2 dragon age origin's in my library and deleting it from program file is pretty much the same as uninstalling it only not as good, right? so again I tried all those things and they did not work. if you delete everything in the program files folder the program doesn't run.

the problem isn't on my end it's on EA's end, methinks.

thanks for the advice though. it didn't work, though. this isn't the same problem and as a greyed out play button. there is no play button.
Message 5 of 10 (875 Views)

★★ Novice
maybe i miss understood the thing about the program files folder, but I don't think I did. anyway uninstalling it deleting what is left over and reinstalling it should do exactly the same thing. I did delete the origin folder in both the local folder and the roaming in app data
Message 6 of 10 (874 Views)

★★ Novice

see no play button, that remove from library, does not work.  

Message 7 of 10 (873 Views)

Community Manager

@mrorange72 Not quite sure but I wonder if this is related to an issue with Origin Access, do you own the game or are you playing it through an Origin Access membership?

As you have cleared the cache and reinstalled Origin it may be worth speaking with our technical support to see if there are any issues with your account which could be causing your issue.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Do let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (862 Views)

★★ Novice

It is through origin access, but I have owned the game previously. I thought the access key might have been used from some remnants of the purchased game floating around in the cloud. I only think that because when I installed it, it gave me a licensing error. 

Access account is active with the basic membership. 

Message 9 of 10 (837 Views)

Community Manager

@mrorange72 Best thing to do is go ahead and speak with our live support so that they can take a look at your account and see if there is something which is stopping you launching the game, it could be as simple as an issue with your Origin Access membership. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Do update us on what happens. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (812 Views)