Re: do my games download when my computer is shut down?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

do my games download when my computer is shut down?

★★★ Newbie

hello, I am a new origin user, and i was just if wondering games could on their own when my pc is off, thanks

Message 1 of 3 (4,972 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

As stated above @TacomiAndHisAE86 if your PC is shut off or in standby then it will not continue downloading a game.

What you can do is schedule your PC to shut down at a certain time. If I'm downloading a game and it's going to take a while and I want to go out or go to bed that I set it so that the PC will shut itself down after a couple of hours.

You can schedule a shutdown by following the steps below:

• Open Task Scheduler and Click Create Basic Task
  • Type the name of the task and description if needed.
  • Set the date and time.
  • Select Start a program and click Next>
  • Locate the shutdown.exe or type " C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe ". Add arguments "  -s -t 0  "
  • Before clicking Finish, tick Open the Properties dialog for this task when i click Finish.
  • Under General, tick the box on Run with highest privileges.
  • Under Conditions, Uncheck Start the task only if the computer is on AC power.
  • Under Settings, tick Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (4,952 Views)

All Replies

@TacomiAndHisAE86  Nope, nothing will download while your computer is shut down.  Origin won't be running either.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (4,960 Views)

Community Manager

As stated above @TacomiAndHisAE86 if your PC is shut off or in standby then it will not continue downloading a game.

What you can do is schedule your PC to shut down at a certain time. If I'm downloading a game and it's going to take a while and I want to go out or go to bed that I set it so that the PC will shut itself down after a couple of hours.

You can schedule a shutdown by following the steps below:

• Open Task Scheduler and Click Create Basic Task
  • Type the name of the task and description if needed.
  • Set the date and time.
  • Select Start a program and click Next>
  • Locate the shutdown.exe or type " C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe ". Add arguments "  -s -t 0  "
  • Before clicking Finish, tick Open the Properties dialog for this task when i click Finish.
  • Under General, tick the box on Run with highest privileges.
  • Under Conditions, Uncheck Start the task only if the computer is on AC power.
  • Under Settings, tick Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (4,953 Views)