Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

do my games download when my computer is shut down?

by TacomiAndHisAE86

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

do my games download when my computer is shut down?

★★★ Newbie

hello, I am a new origin user, and i was just if wondering games could on their own when my pc is off, thanks

Message 1 of 3 (1,292 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: do my games download when my computer is shut down?

Community Manager

As stated above @TacomiAndHisAE86 if your PC is shut off or in standby then it will not continue downloading a game.

What you can do is schedule your PC to shut down at a certain time. If I'm downloading a game and it's going to take a while and I want to go out or go to bed that I set it so that the PC will shut itself down after a couple of hours.

You can schedule a shutdown by following the steps below:

• Open Task Scheduler and Click Create Basic Task
  • Type the name of the task and description if needed.
  • Set the date and time.
  • Select Start a program and click Next>
  • Locate the shutdown.exe or type " C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe ". Add arguments "  -s -t 0  "
  • Before clicking Finish, tick Open the Properties dialog for this task when i click Finish.
  • Under General, tick the box on Run with highest privileges.
  • Under Conditions, Uncheck Start the task only if the computer is on AC power.
  • Under Settings, tick Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed.

Darko

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,272 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

@TacomiAndHisAE86  Nope, nothing will download while your computer is shut down.  Origin won't be running either.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,280 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

As stated above @TacomiAndHisAE86 if your PC is shut off or in standby then it will not continue downloading a game.

What you can do is schedule your PC to shut down at a certain time. If I'm downloading a game and it's going to take a while and I want to go out or go to bed that I set it so that the PC will shut itself down after a couple of hours.

You can schedule a shutdown by following the steps below:

• Open Task Scheduler and Click Create Basic Task
  • Type the name of the task and description if needed.
  • Set the date and time.
  • Select Start a program and click Next>
  • Locate the shutdown.exe or type " C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe ". Add arguments "  -s -t 0  "
  • Before clicking Finish, tick Open the Properties dialog for this task when i click Finish.
  • Under General, tick the box on Run with highest privileges.
  • Under Conditions, Uncheck Start the task only if the computer is on AC power.
  • Under Settings, tick Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed.

Darko

Message 3 of 3 (1,273 Views)
Twitter Stream