directX error and vc redist error obviated by Steam

by stmercy2020

Original Post

directX error and vc redist error obviated by Steam

★★★ Newbie

Cannot install older games through Origin client; Steam client works.

The specific errors I get are, in order, the one about directX and then, when I go and delete everything but the requisite 3 files, the one about the vc redist. I haven't gotten further than this because by this time I am ready to throw my computer out a window, and the medical aid I would need following such an event would obviate any possibility of playing any games further.

The games I am trying to install are: Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 (Digital Deluxe), Mass Effect 3 (digital Deluxe), Dragon Age: Origins (digital deluxe), and Dragon Age II (digital deluxe).

In order to verify that the issue was on the Origin client side, I purchased and installed Mass Effect from Steam, as well, and the game launches and plays just fine through the Steam client. I do not want to have to repurchase another four games in order to get the basic content that I've already purchased through Origin.

Help, please?

Message 1 of 2 (200 Views)

Re: directX error and vc redist error obviated by Steam

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @stmercy2020.

Would it be possible to share the exact error message that you are seeing? These generally contain information that we can use to narrow down the cause of the issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (168 Views)