Re: Mouse Cursor stuck on Battlefield V home screen after new update

by bobos414

Original Post

Mouse Cursor stuck in middle of screen in BFV

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

With recent new update this has happened. I have a Hori Tac keypad attached which i use and am dependent on and can't disconnect it simply for the mouse to work. Come on guys....fix it. Many ppl use their controllers to do various things along with their mouse.

Message 11 of 30 (850 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko
No overlays running, No updates from windows, logitech or any other program after the BF5 update, to which I was already up to date on. So no system changes at all just prior or after the BF5 update. I played the game the night before the update and everything was fine.
This happened immediately after the update. I repaired the Game, uninstalled/installed the mouse and xbox drivers, ran a clean boot, change USB connection locations of the Xbox controller and tried multiple games including BF3,4 and 1 and they worked fine. But everything else I listed didnt fix the problem.
The problem is is that the game gives priority to the controller over the mouse after the update. Both Mouse and The controller are recognized but when you touch any button on the controller it locks the mouse.
This issue is exclusive IMO to the Dice update.

Edit: Added video link of the problem

https://youtu.be/Wlou5bG2VO8

Message 12 of 30 (1,004 Views)

★ Guide

Is there a solution to this problem while there is no fix from the developers?

Message 13 of 30 (950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@golfrinjust back home from work and I see nothing but a bunch of threads on different sites talking about it and nothing been resolved for the majority.
Im waiting to hear back from @EA_Darko from my response this morning.

Message 14 of 30 (895 Views)

★★★ Newbie

From the discussion, i looked back at the PC and found my son had plugged in a controller into a USB port to charge it.  After removing this controller, mouse worked fine.  So, indeed it seems like BFV is giving priority to the controller where this had not previously been the case.

Message 15 of 30 (886 Views)

★ Guide

Now turn off the controller for the game each time, well, as a temporary solution, ok, but this is not an option ...

Message 16 of 30 (877 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with the mouse stuck in the middle. I only have a Roccat Tyon mouse plugged in no controller.

Message 17 of 30 (855 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@AtDeathsDoor
@EA_Darko
Same issue here with no overlays on and turned off origin in-game too. Fine before update, mouse stuck after. Unplug controller and mouse works, plug controller back in and mouse stuck.
Message 18 of 30 (850 Views)

★★ Novice
@bobos414 update I am using Logitech M570 mouse. and K330 Keyboard.

- Problem happens when using EasySMX 2.4G Wireless Controller https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J4QDFXP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-Problem DOES NOT happen with Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VD56KC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Message 19 of 30 (833 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue. 

If, as somebody above mentioned, the issue is controller priority then this is going to be a problem for any ROCCAT Tyon owner as there is an analogue control on the side of the mouse that windows treats like a game controller so there is no way it can be 'unplugged'.

I also struggled with the in-game overlay, I have always had it disabled yet this update reenabled it specifically for BF V and it wasn't until I looked at the individual game's options I discovered this. That said even when I had turned it off it still remained on until I rebooted my PC.

Message 20 of 30 (815 Views)