Re: cursor

by EA_Darko

Original Post

cursor

★★★★ Novice

New patch new bugs. My cursor auto snaps to center each time you move it away from center. So since it will not let me hover and click onto a game cannot enter to find out what else is wrong. This whole game has become a nightmare with issues. Invested a lot of hours (and of course money) into a game that has never ending issues. Does not speak well for the future of many of us playing.

Message 1 of 30 (990 Views)

Community Manager

That's an odd one @Skaard4Life.

Can I ask, do you have any overlays running? If so can you ensure that you disable them all including Origin In-Game and Discord? Once done can you launch the game again to see if the issue remains.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 30 (969 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No overlays. Went into BF1 and BF4 and had absolutely no issue. Came back to BFV and issue remained. Did all the normal EA "fixes" such as flush dns and delete cache et al and problem still happened. Deleted and completely reinstalled BFV and now the issue seems to be resolved. Why do us, the purchasers, have to constantly resolve EA issues? Added up the total of hours spent fixing EA BFV related problems and it seems I should be getting paid for fixing as the total so far as of this last aggravation is 119 hours. I have invested 1079 hours into this game and think that if, #1, the hacker/cheat/exploit players were removed it would be a great game even having to work around bugs. When I finally got to play BFV I dropped out after the 1st game as the hack/cheat/exploit crowd was hot n heavy gaining rank. None of us that played legit got more than 2000 points. Some of the players gleefully admitted using hacks and reminded us that EA wasn't really going to do anything about them as they kept their scores in the "legit" zone so EA would not ban them. Even in-game reporting seems to not be working as the hacks pointed out that flaw.

Message 3 of 30 (960 Views)

★★★ Newbie

have a similar problem except when I jump onto titanfall2 the cursor snaps right into the middle of the crosshire but can mve freely when im editing a loadout

im not sure what to do and I don't want to unistall it because im afraid of losing the extra packs iv bought

Message 4 of 30 (949 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, that didn't last long. Went back in a few minutes ago and the cursor is snapping to the center again not allowing you to click on anything to include "quit". Have to ctrl-alt-del your way out. Not going through deleting the game and reinstalling anymore as it just takes to damn long.  Guess there won't be a fix for this until next month. COD Beta comes in 9 days so I assume that the majority of the people fed up with all this crap will be over on the new game.

Message 5 of 30 (935 Views)

Mouse Cursor stuck on Battlefield V home screen after new update

★★★ Novice

My mouse cursor is stuck on the center of the Battlefield 5 main screen. I cannot move it whatsoever to get to any other parts of the game. 

The arrow keys work however. 

I ttried repairing the game and de-activating origin in-game yet nothing has worked.

Message 6 of 30 (1,211 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, now I am really puzzled/mad. Seems that if you have a xbox usb controller it is now a problem if used on a PC. The controller is used by us to be able to control the plane and at least try to move up in the pilot mode. Using a mouse or just a keyboard is horrible. You crash within a second with a mouse and the keyboard is jerky. The controller allowed a much smoother way of flying. In the Narvik map I was using both (managed to hit play to get to the maps) the plane for the short time I was in flight worked ok as normal with the controller. When I went infantry I would start spinning and much to the delight of the hacks they could shoot me endlessly to gain points as I would zombie out and just spin and get shot. Unplugged the controller and everything went normal with the mouse. BFV is the only game that has issues with the controller and mouse being hooked up at the same time. So how does this get fixed as for many months didn't fly because of instant crash with mouse and just started using the controller in July. Had no issues in game until the latest patch came out and now there is this issue.

Message 7 of 30 (917 Views)

Re: Mouse Cursor stuck on Battlefield V home screen after new update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue right after the update. Only when I unplug the xbox controller does the mouse move again. I kept the xbox controller plugged in all the time incase i want to fly during a match. The mouse is locked as if the controller is overriding the mouse movement. Dice please get on this. Another Bug 

Edit: added info

This only happens in the Main Menu and the Respawn Menu. Ive tried BF4, and BF1 and there is no issue. This is exclusive to the last update on BF5 and Dice needs to fix this bug ASAP Please. 

Message 8 of 30 (1,156 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @AtDeathsDoor and @SpongeBobKebab sorry to hear that you are having issues.

Can I ask, do either of you have an overlay running when in-game? If so can you go ahead and disable any overlay you have running, this includes Discord and Origin In-Game.

Let me know if this makes a difference.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 30 (1,122 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SpongeBobKebab Same with me. my Hori Tac Pro keypad is seen as a controller in BFV and when i unplug it the mouse works. But i NEED to use it. lol. DICE....come on....what are you guys doing back there?
Message 10 of 30 (1,105 Views)