couldn't load games, now I can't sign in!

by acacia1086

Original Post

Accepted Solution

couldn't load games, now I can't sign in!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

To say I'm frustrated is an understatement! 

I have been unable to get to online mode for a while now, but hey that wasn't a huge deal really. Then I was unable to get my games to load in origin. THAT was a big deal, so I had EA support contact me. They suggested that I uninstall and reinstall origin. Okay, fine, did that. Then I had to fight with the computer for about 4 hours to redownload origin and no matter how many times I did redownload it I kept getting the same error, "could not connect to server, please try again in a few minutes." This has been going on since last night at 6 pm EST, it is now 1:52 pm EST the following day. 

I have tried running a malware scan, cleaned the PC cache, I have a DNS cache flush, I have done a clean boot, I have sent them msinfo, dxdiag, and a ping connectivity test result, I have even created a new administrator account on my PC, with no progress. My ticket number is #43776739, and even worse?! when I try to get help from EA right now, I'm being sent over here. I guess they're done with me, huh? Just, "Oh, she's a lost cause we can't help her but we won't tell her that.". My roommate came home from visiting with some of his friends, and tried resetting the network without any success, he's tried several things I don't even know of but still even after all he's done, no change. The strange thing is that I can sign into origin on my old laptop, HOWEVER it should be noted that it is an old version of origin as that laptop no longer supports origin or several games (thus why I have the laptop I'm currently on) so apparently if I want to sign in I need an outdated version but that doesn't work because you still cannot play anything until you're up to date. Any additional suggestions I'm open to, but note that I will not repeat any steps already done. 

I feel like I wasted money on games through origin and on this laptop. I've seen on several forms that this is an issue that's been on going for several people for weeks, shall we expect a repairing patch in origin soon? Not that it matters as we have to be able to sign in so that the app can update! 

Message 1 of 10 (1,272 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: couldn't load games, now I can't sign in!

Community Manager

@acacia1086 It is most likely something on your computer which is stopping you from signing in, looking at the DxDiag you attached and noticed that there are issues with the process 

MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe, this is a normal MS file but can often be used as a mask by malware, as such I would recommend following these troubleshooting steps from Microsoft: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/forum/edge_other-edge_win10/microsoftedgecpexe/9effffbf-171...

Your DxDiag is throwing up a number of issues that are worth looking into and I would also suggest ensuring that all the drivers on you system are fully up to date. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,224 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@acacia1086 It is most likely something on your computer which is stopping you from signing in, looking at the DxDiag you attached and noticed that there are issues with the process 

MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe, this is a normal MS file but can often be used as a mask by malware, as such I would recommend following these troubleshooting steps from Microsoft: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/forum/edge_other-edge_win10/microsoftedgecpexe/9effffbf-171...

Your DxDiag is throwing up a number of issues that are worth looking into and I would also suggest ensuring that all the drivers on you system are fully up to date. 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,225 Views)

★★★ Novice
I’ll Definitely look into that today. Thank you for a full and honest answer.
Message 3 of 10 (1,212 Views)

★★★ Novice

Updated drivers, DISM.exe will not run. 

looks like the computer is going to have to go to the computer guy to have everything reinstalled. 

Message 4 of 10 (1,130 Views)

@acacia1086

Your DxDiag is no longer present so I can't see all the specs. But after your description and because of the fact that DISM will not run, a fresh installation of the OS seems to be the best option.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 10 (1,114 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah that’s what I had to do after I wiped my hard drive. 

Message 6 of 10 (1,044 Views)

@acacia1086

So, is it working now?

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 7 of 10 (1,020 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes. I’m just upset that the ea tech support didn’t tell me that I needed to do that. Had to come here for someone to actually let me know what the issue was and how to fix it.

Message 8 of 10 (1,003 Views)

@acacia1086

@acacia1086 wrote:

Yes. I’m just upset that the ea tech support didn’t tell me that I needed to do that. Had to come here for someone to actually let me know what the issue was and how to fix it.

I understand, but it is very complicated for EA Tech support to tell you that you have to reinstall your OS.

They simply can't see in what state your Windows installation is and they offer support for the game, not for Windows.

Message 9 of 10 (986 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@holger1405 wrote:

@acacia1086

@acacia1086 wrote:

I understand, but it is very complicated for EA Tech support to tell you that you have to reinstall your OS.

They simply can't see in what state your Windows installation is and they offer support for the game, not for Windows.

you will not get help

Message 10 of 10 (916 Views)