cant update credit card

by chloet2005

Original Post

cant update credit card

★★★ Newbie

Can't buy online because my credit card is expired. The new card number is the same with a different expiry, you won't let me use it.

I have 3 choices.

1-call you to fix it

2-Do nothing about it

3-switch to steam or other game providers

What do you recommend?

Message 1 of 2 (1,044 Views)

Re: cant update credit card

Community Manager

@chloet2005 

You are looking at option 2 - do nothing or maybe option 4 - update the payment details yourself. The following is from this link:

HOT TIPS! FOR ENTERING YOUR PAYMENT INFO

• Enter your card number as a continuous string of numbers, with no dashes or spaces.
  • For card verification, enter your billing address exactly as it appears on your billing statement. If it doesn’t match exactly, your card provider may decline the purchase.
  • If you use a card or PayPal, you can save your payment information on your account. If you use a different payment method, you’ll have to enter the information for it every time you buy something. 
  • Click Set as Primary to make one of your saved payment methods the default at checkout.
  • Did your card details change? No problem! We use a credit card auto-update service with Mastercard® and Visa. If your card expires or gets re-issued, they’ll send us the updated information whenever possible*. You won’t have to worry if your card number or expiration date changes later on.

*Not all card providers are signed up for this service. You can still update your card details in your account to make sure your subscriptions don’t lapse and your pre-orders don’t fail.

This service is only available in the US, Canada, and the UK at this time.

• To update your saved payment info**, check out your Payment & Shipping settings here. You can also get there by clicking EA Account and Billing on origin.com or in the Origin client,or by clicking on your avatar then Account Settings on ea.com.
    • Click Add Payment to save a new payment method.
    • Click the Modify button to edit the details for a saved payment method.
    • Click Delete to remove a payment method.

**For security reasons, our advisors can’t update your payment information for you.

barry.png
Message 2 of 2 (1,016 Views)