cant change ID because it's taken. but it's my business name

by skeletonboxers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cant change ID because it's taken. but it's my business name

★★★★★ Newbie

I was dusting off my Origin account as I was starting to play some games offered on this platform, so I wanted to change my oldddd account to the name thats tied to my freelance alias and business. "lastcoyotes" is taken, but has never been taken before on any platform before because thats my tumblr, reddit, twitter, gmail, steam, twitch, etc that i've had for years now, so I was so shocked to see it taken here. I've been aware that followers of mine have been friend requesting the account believing it's me which isn't true. is there anyway i can have this username? its tied to my income and anything that may potentially negatively affect it worries me, i just don't know who this person is so it feels like it could be some sort of liability. 

Message 1 of 2 (360 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cant change ID because it's taken. but it's my business name

Community Manager
@skeletonboxers We are unable to assist with taking another player's Persona name and give it to you. While I cannot commit to any legal aspect (since I am not a lawyer), If another user has taken the name when it was free they would keep the user name until they decided to change it.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (335 Views)

All Replies

Re: cant change ID because it's taken. but it's my business name

Community Manager
@skeletonboxers We are unable to assist with taking another player's Persona name and give it to you. While I cannot commit to any legal aspect (since I am not a lawyer), If another user has taken the name when it was free they would keep the user name until they decided to change it.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 2 (336 Views)