can't launch origin setup, missing two .dll

by stubob1063

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can't launch origin setup, missing two .dll

★ Novice

setting up a new windows 10 machine. Try to install origin setup, but it says it can't find MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll. Where do these .dll get installed?

Message 1 of 7 (917 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can't launch origin setup, missing two .dll

Community Manager

Hey all, this issue is caused by running an out of date VC++ installation. It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (822 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I had the same issue. 

Search this on YouTube. Follow the instructions exactly. The links in the video description are legit. I have had to use them three times total and they resolved the issue every time. 

Fixing 2020 Origin Errors  Msvcp140.dll  Vcruntime.dll  VCredist installation 

make sure you come back to let me know if it worked, please.
Message 2 of 7 (878 Views)

★ Novice
@xDogsOfWar thanx I'll try it.
Message 3 of 7 (850 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, this issue is caused by running an out of date VC++ installation. It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (823 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the latest Visual C++ from the link on your post. However, when I tried to launch/install it, I was met with an error message (below)

- I've tried running it as an administrator as well

-I've linked the error message and the "log file" that was linked on the error message

What should I do?

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 5 of 7 (646 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There are 2 .dll files that are missing from the setup. I've gone into program files(x86) and there's nothing there for origin.

Message 6 of 7 (569 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Have you tried downloading and executing the two files for Microsoft's website @cloudidaiz? You can find the link in Darko's post. 

It's important that you install/repair both the x86 and x64 files for it to work.

This is a great little workaround if you don't see the files on your PC. 

Jason.png
Message 7 of 7 (550 Views)