asdf

by bananaman_coom

Original Post

Accepted Solution

asdf

★ Novice

Issues with EA games downloaded on steam not working on Origin. Pretty much exactly what it sounds like. When I try to start BFV/4 or Titanfall 2, I get an "Origin has encountered a serious problem and must close" although Origin never closes and I'm not sure if it's actually sending a crash report or not. Apex Legends starts up without any issue. Origin and the games in question are not blocked by a firewall and I've tried repairing the game files. I've restarted my PC and I've cleared Origin and the game caches. Anyone else having these issues? Help!

Message 1 of 6 (537 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: asdf

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

If accounts are linked correctly then that error points to an issue either with the installation files or something blocking Origin @bananaman_coom.

Can you take a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

If the issue remains then can you uninstall Origin and then install it after launching a game from Steam when you are prompted to do so.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (480 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @bananaman_coom when you first launched an EA game on Steam did you link your Steam account to your primary EA account?

Could it be a case that you have multiple EA accounts and linked to a secondary one by accident?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (520 Views)

★ Novice

As far as I remember, my steam acc should be linked to my primary EA acc. My steam games show up on my primary account so I'm assuming that means they are linked because that process happened automatically. 

Message 3 of 6 (496 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

If accounts are linked correctly then that error points to an issue either with the installation files or something blocking Origin @bananaman_coom.

Can you take a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

If the issue remains then can you uninstall Origin and then install it after launching a game from Steam when you are prompted to do so.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (481 Views)

Origin issues

★★ Newbie

Whenever I try to open up the origin app on my PC I get this error message can someone help

Message 5 of 6 (423 Views)

Re: Origin issues

Community Manager

Hey @raerae2197 have you tried the steps that I shared above?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (365 Views)