Re: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

by Private_Klutz

Original Post

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hi all,

This issue is caused by an outdated VC++ installation. It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Message 131 of 270 (168,322 Views)

Re: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Origin problem

★★ Novice

Where did you find an older version of origin ? I might try this

Message 132 of 270 (25,955 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@proxos666

FINALLY after days of trying I got everything to work. And all I needed to do was upgrade to windows 10. :-/  THANK you so much for the link! Large smile 

Message 133 of 270 (20,237 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I downloaded it from this site:

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/origin/

Also I downloaded the 9.1.12.73 version, but be aware that this is for Windows pc only.

Message 134 of 270 (25,876 Views)

@LanaSimmi

I gather the solution in this thread link didn't help ?

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 135 of 270 (25,873 Views)

★★ Novice

Just want to say this has worked for me, now the Sims 4 works. I am just about to install Mass Effect Andromeda to see if the same is true for it.

Message 136 of 270 (20,167 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@yahel_1 wrote:

Hi @falcophoenix

If Windows would no longer run updates, use the CMD command and right click it to Run as Administrator and then enter the dos command:

net stop wuauserv

It needs to come back that it executed successfully. If it doesn’t reboot your machine and try again.

Then ran Universal Update for Windows C Runtime for Windows 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

This works. Thanks! Tried EA suggestions of reinstalling or repairing to no avail. After your tips, BINGO! Back online and playing games through Origin.

Message 137 of 270 (20,074 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No it didn't. I tried it multiple times but it still didn't work.

Message 138 of 270 (25,701 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've tried EVERYTHING here. Absolutely everything. And nothing works. I tried a legacy version of Origin, worked until I restarted my computer. I reinstalled Origin. I repaired the VC++ runtime. I tried to use Windows Update, using the commands, it didn't work (I might've used the wrong version, e.g. x86 instead of maybe x64, though.) This isn't the first problem I've had with Origin.

If there was some way I could play my EA games w/o using Origin, I'm all for it, since I have the discs for all my titles.\

Anywho, thanks in advance. -FullWeebTV

EDIT: System specs: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1, 64-bit OS, 3.80 GB usable RAM, Intel Core i5 CPU @ 2.40 GHz

EDIT 2: After trying to fix all of this, I installed the latest version of Origin and got Error 9:0. I tried again and it updated but did NOT start up Origin after it finished.

I still just want to play my EA games, and it bugs me that we have to go through all this to do so.

I'll try Windows Update Troubleshooter and try one last time to see if it works.

Message 139 of 270 (19,961 Views)

★ Apprentice

@bouncypair If windows update failed to install have you tried downloading windows update troubleshooter?

Message 140 of 270 (18,241 Views)